Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my Y2K CR-V for vermin control at night and get this audio interference when the engine is running if I use my Digital Video recorder. It did not happen in my old Pinin or my brothers Pajero (both petrol)

The interference is not apparent on the video side - nor with a plain monitor. I read somewhere on here that the ignition cables have to be genuine one's - can anyone help please?

https://youtu.be/rCXA2pesKQQ

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Probably just needs :
1) new spark plug wires
2) new rotor
3) new distributor cap
Any one or perhaps all of the above.
Any good high quality spark plug wires compatible with your CR-V will work just fine.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Buff, I read something about ignition switches being well known for wearing out - possibly arcing?

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
In a darkened garage or at night, start the engine and mist some water (old spray bottle, etc) over the spark plug wires and see if you see arcing or flashing. If so, it is one of the indications that you need new wires, and they will cause static on the radio, as will a failing alternator (usually sounds more like a whine).
Buffalo4
Whoops, I just reread the original post and it seems that your video recorder is causing the problem, so disregard suggestions about the ignition stuff. :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In a darkened garage or at night, start the engine and mist some water (old spray bottle, etc) over the spark plug wires and see if you see arcing or flashing. If so, it is one of the indications that you need new wires, and they will cause static on the radio, as will a failing alternator (usually sounds more like a whine).
Buffalo4
Whoops, I just reread the original post and it seems that your video recorder is causing the problem, so disregard suggestions about the ignition stuff. :eek:
Thanks for that Buff, Yes I only get the issue on the audio channel of the DVR - and there is no interference on the car radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts