Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a simple little mod to add lighting to the cup holders so they were better to see at night. I find the whole console area pretty dark for my liking. The CRV has an LED light up by the rear view mirror/top courtesy lights that shines down on the console area, but it is so dim I can't even tell it's on. So I put LED strip lights on the underside of the cup holders and let them shine thru the 4 spring-loaded cup holder mechanisms. Didn't drill any holes, simply let the light come thru the existing openings in the cup holder walls. Creates kind of a funky looking crossing pattern inside the cup holders. The photo makes the lighting look much brighter that it really is, which is good because I wanted just enough to see the cup holders without overwhelming the console area with too much light. I used blue LED lights to coordinate with the blue color of the ambient foot well lights that are already installed.
CH night.JPG

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
To install the lights, I simply put an LED strip in front of the cup holder and one behind it so that lights were shinning toward the cups. Added a 2 AMP inline fuse and then used a T-tap wire splice to connect to the console light wire so that the new cup holder lights come on and off with the headlights. Hardest part was cutting the strip light to the proper lengths and soldering new wires to them so the whole thing worked as one unit. Added a 2-pin male/female connector between the lights and T-tap so the wires could be easily disconnected if I ever wanted to remove the cup holder assembly again.
LED1.JPG Wire Splice.JPG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts