Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my illuminated door sill protectors installed yesterday, so here are some pics. I took my time and didn't hurry and it took me just over two hours from start to finish. Unlike the 2016 Civic sills, the CR-V package includes two non-lighted rear door sills. Nice!

CR-V Door Sill Protector-FL-170108.jpg

CR-V Door Sill Protector Closeup-FL-170108.jpg

CR-V Door Sill Protector-RL-170108.jpg

CR-V Door Sill Protector Closeup-RL-170108.jpg

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks very nice! I saw these in person at the dealer as well. They have an EX-L in the showroom with many of the accessories installed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got the floor mats and installed them on Saturday as well. They have fairly deep grooves in them, so the water drains away from your shoes.

I also have them in my Civic and they collect the water nicely. It usually evaporates fairly quickly, so it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can download the instructions from the College Hills Honda website if you want the details: http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/crv/2017/illuminateddoorsilltrim.pdf

The gist of it is that you have to remove the sill trim and all of the lower panels including the kick panels, the underside of the driver's and passenger's footwell covers, the driver's lower instrument panel, and the lower center console panels so that you can run the harness from the left side of the vehicle to the right side. Everything just snaps out, so it was pretty easy to do.

The only issue I had with the installation procedure was that they would switch to the rear sill plates without warning. You had to look at the picture carefully to notice that the rear wheel well was there and then you knew you were working on the rear part of the vehicle.

So, it's not too difficult if you're handy and can read and follow a procedure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been trying to find a non-illuminated door sill protector for our 2017 CRV. Does anyone know if one can be purchased somewhere. I don't need an illuminated version nor do I want to pay for one and not connect it. They make a set for Accords that is not illuminated why not CRV's.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I imagine that third-party sills will be available, but as this is a brand new model it usually takes the accessory manufacturers a few months to measure, develop them, and then get them into manufacturing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
IS THAT A CR-V?

Thankfully anyone getting in or out will be reminded twice as they enter or exit the vehicle.

Different strokes for different folks, seems a bit overkill, like putting a plate on the front of the car with a Honda emblem, directly under the Honda emblem on the grill.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I imagine that third-party sills will be available, but as this is a brand new model it usually takes the accessory manufacturers a few months to measure, develop them, and then get them into manufacturing.
I would think so but we have a 2012 Crosstour and no product was ever developed by an after market group. I see scuffs constantly on this area of the door sill. Most vehicles used to always have a rubber or plastic scuff plate to eliminate this.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the problem with the Crosstour was that they didn't catch on and sell well so there wasn't enough demand or market for anyone to go after the accessory business.

If nothing else, you could always have that clear paint protection film installed to keep them looking like new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i don"t get your point about putting a second emblem on the front grill or how this response pertains to finding a door sill protector.

·
Registered
49 Posts
IS THAT A CR-V?

Thankfully anyone getting in or out will be reminded twice as they enter or exit the vehicle.

Different strokes for different folks, seems a bit overkill, like putting a plate on the front of the car with a Honda emblem, directly under the Honda emblem on the grill.

Enjoy the ride!
Name so nice...they named it twice!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I figured that since the door sills are covered up when the doors are closed that I still needed a what-vehicle-am-I-in reminder, thus the mats with the blue logo! ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
i don"t get your point about putting a second emblem on the front grill or how this response pertains to finding a door sill protector.
Check the photo again, do you not see CR-V twice? Similar to having a front plate with a Honda emblem, you know, right below the Honda emblem on the grill. This actually reminds me of that, double CR-V when entering the vehicle.

But again, my opinion doesn't matter, enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
679 Posts
They make no mention of adding a fuse or anything. Or they provide related to a fuse is a fuse label? Where does that label go? In the fuse box under the hood or the fuse box under the dash?

I'm considering installing these as the cars sills are getting pretty kicked up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i've been looking into the aftermarket style since they look like the front and rear light up. i have a 2018 crv touring, i assume the plug is the same. Would you be kind enough to let me know where do they plug in,under the dash. i downloaded the install pdf from honda and they seem to plug into 1 of 3 connectors hanging down behind the side panel where the hood and fuel lever are but on ebay it seems to plug directly into a fuse console under the dash,

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think I like them on our CR-V a little more now. I thought the same thing at first seeing "CR-V" in lights seemed a little over the top but they do dress up the otherwise plain looking door sills.

You could do worse like some of the pick-up guys where their truck says dodge on the side and ram on the front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
before i decide to purchase the kit i need to know where does it plug in, honda install shows it connects to 1 of 3 hanging connectors on the drivers side panel and on ebay it indicates the kit plugs directly to a plug on a fuse console, really don't want to blow anything on my crv after 1 month.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts