Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a 2016 CR-V Touring and I'm trying to come up to speed on this car. I did a very short search for some of my questions and didn't see this mentioned but I apologize if it's posted elsewhere.

From what I can tell, there really isn't a maintenance schedule from Honda but the Maintenance Minder is the guide for when maintenance needs to be done - including engine oil changes. I'm curious how the oil life is determined. Is there a sensor that monitors the level of metals, viscosity, or something else?

When browsing the forum, I saw where someone changed his CVT oil. I'm guessing that that item is not included in the maintenance minder and an aggressive schedule for changing its oil might be called for. Is there a rule of thumb for this (my car has about 16,000 miles on it)?

I know this isn't the right place for this question, but is there a way to display a digital speedometer on the "Multi-Information Display"?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
1. there's no mecanism to measure the oli viscosity. it's determined by mathematics of cold starts, distance in relation to engine temperature, stop-n-go driving, etc. it's a complicated formula more to the safe side.
2. CVT, in principle, requires more frequent oil changes compared to standard, planetary automatic. change by 40k and you're good. more often if you fall into heavy duty service schedule.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts