Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a nice ride, however with the oil dilution and the lack of heat issues I'm bailing. Spent Friday at three Honda dealerships and ended up with a great price on a 2019 Pilot EX-L and a 2019 Ridgeline RTL-T trading in my CR-V. I'm still not sure which one I'll be getting, I have a few days to think about. Best of luck to you 2017-2018 owners, I can only hope Honda makes right with the rest of you with the issues I had. I really appreciate the information I have come away with here.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sigh. I understand FASTFJR but I'm sorry to see you go. I'm still holding on, hoping that it won't be a mistake.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
:Drool::Drool::Drool: A Ridgeline. :Drool::Drool::Drool:

Enjoy the new rides.:thumb:

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
Both good choices. A Passport might be my next ride.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I considered the Passport but none of the dealers know when they will be getting the. I was told anywhere between January and April. I was also told by all three it will be a slow roll out so some models might be hard to get. I'm leaning towards the Pilot for one reason only, and that is safety features. For whatever reason Honda decide not to give the RL the same features as the Pilot. Kind of a bummer, but I'm used to the Collision Mitigation Braking System, Lane Management, Adaptive Cruise Control and Blind Spot Monitoring System. The RL does have a camera in the passengers side mirror for blind spot but nothing for the drivers side. Other than that the two vehicles are basically the same inside

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Time tells. still with Honda. just not the crv good 4 u

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks guys, I considered the Passport but none of the dealers know when they will be getting the. I was told anywhere between January and April. I was also told by all three it will be a slow roll out so some models might be hard to get. I'm leaning towards the Pilot for one reason only, and that is safety features. For whatever reason Honda decide not to give the RL the same features as the Pilot. Kind of a bummer, but I'm used to the Collision Mitigation Braking System, Lane Management, Adaptive Cruise Control and Blind Spot Monitoring System. The RL does have a camera in the passengers side mirror for blind spot but nothing for the drivers side. Other than that the two vehicles are basically the same inside
hopefully Honda quality will be better with this one...enjoy your new ride

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Geez....6 pleasant posts, then it goes south.

·
Registered
15 Posts
:(
I was thinking of doing the same thing to my CR-V for the same reasons. I want another crossover, but the CR-V seems to be the most fuel-efficient and surprisingly the fastest out of the bunch, so I think I’ll be keeping it for a little while longer until one of the other manufacturers comes out with a better competitor....

Enjoy your new Ridgeline or Pilot! Either would be a great choice, but I must say I do love the practicality of the Ridgeline’s bed- as long as you can take losing that third row of seating with the Pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
cya later you wont be missed. I like the crv and have had no issues mechanically besides oil dillution which imo isnt as big of a deal as most of you whiners make it out to be. CYA
From one of the proud whiners (lol), hate to to see you go FASTFJR. As I whine away, I am plotting for a resolution to my problem too. LOL Best luck!

For the record, to the non-whiners in the forum, I will confess I do not whine when someone ask me how I like my CR-V and and after a short discourse and few internet links describing the problem and then tell them Honda will not apply a known fix to my CR-V, they say "Wow, I thought Honda made great cars! And they supported their customer. Guess not anymore." Then and only then, I do show an admitted slight whine. I think any rational person would. LOL

That slight knowledge I just might have saved someone from my say CR-V fate is def not perceived as whine from them, but they thank me for the truth.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm just glad you can resolve this by getting something you'll be happy with. Life is just too darn short to be stressed out over a vehicle. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
On that positive note, let's close this thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.