Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a pair of 2015 Tourings last week, and looking to get some accessories! :)

I looked around online and found these, but I'm wondering if there are any better places to be looking? I abbreviated the vendors, so this isnt in ad in any form. It may also help someone else doing similar research. Some items have specific ID's relating to paint color, so be careful. Are there any that sponsor this forum, for example?

Who has the best deals on these things, or did I already find them?

Some that have a great price get you on the shipping side up to $39 per item is crazy IMO.

Any advice appreciated. If it would be questionable to mention vendors because of forum policy, feel free to PM me. I want to want to upset the mods or break the rules.

Thanks in advance
Rhody

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are there any opinions about the 'Weathertech' mats, cargo tray, door visors, plate holder, and sunroof visor - as an alternative to OEM/Honda? Is the quality ok? So far, I'm liking the looks of their product a bit more. The shipping is fairly reasonable, too. ($58 total for 2 sets of the above items. The second ships free, apparently, as a promo)

Thanks
Rhody

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We went for the Weathertech ultimate pkg, but still want to get a bunch of OEM accessories from the above list.

Does anyone have or recommend the spoiler?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Spoiler: Totally up to you. If you like it, get it. There's no functional advantage of any kind. There have been several threads on spoilers.

I don't recommend: Sunroof visor. Useless. Door Window visors. Look terrible. Door Edge guards. Why? Just be carful opening you doors.

Yes to Splash guards. Door side moulding (if you like the looks).

Roof crossbars. Not for me, thanks. But if you like the looks. Intend to carry anything up there?

Yes, Weathertech is the best.

Fun spending money, right?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too much in the past week! rofl. It came up to $997 just for the weathertech stuff. It adds up quickly.

I don't really care about the roof crossbars. I do like the window/door visors because they will let me leave the windows open slightly at work - when it is hot or raining. The body side mouldings seem like a wise idea to take hits from shopping carts and doors from other cars. The sunroof guard was part of the deal from Weathertech. I wish I got in on that 25% group buy mentioned in another thread! (but it wasnt recent)

Thanks for the reply. It looks like H&A or the one in the last column are the best sources that I have found so far. H&A website is behind a couple years, however, and is missing the newer color codes for the 2015 and 2016 models. If I go with them, i'll have to email or call.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I as well like the Weathertech products. Have Weathertech on all my vehicles including Side Window vents & Slide Roof Protector. If you wish the ultimate for paint protection I suggest you consider some Film from Invisiblemask.com. I did complete applications on my '12 Ridgeline & wife's '14 VW Passat TDI SEL. I use a Vinyl Mask for Spring,Summer & Fall over the Plastic film.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just got my 2015 Touring a couple weeks ago and bought the nose mask, WeatherTech 1st & 2nd row mats, cargo tray, a trailer hitch and the wiring harness. I'm considering the running boards but $300 is a lot for something that is more looks than functionality.

I also just purchased the 3M protection film for the hood, fenders, and side mirrors. Hopefully its not too difficult to install as i like doing all this stuff myself if i can to save on labor costs. One place quoted me $1,600 for the protection film and installation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts