Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I'm owner of 2019 European model of Honda CR-V hybrid. First positive impression of driving Honda CR-V hybrid is really good, great interior space, good driving comfort and real great quiet ride. The real negative things for me is that this European model is missing remote engine start, drive off auto lock and walk away auto lock. I can't believe that this expensive car (lifestyle model) is missing this, and some less expensive other car manufacturers models have this options. The Honda dealer has no explanation why this features are missing. Does anybody have a similar experience and information that any of this features can be upgraded, becouse U.S models have this, and its seem this can be software upgraded?

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,157 Posts
You'll find that Honda variates its products across the globe.

For example, here in the UK, the top line EX trim gets a Heads-Up Display. This is not available in the USA, for example.

Similarly, the USA gets remote start, we in the UK do not.

Guess we cant have everything!

Reactions: williamsji

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll find that Honda variates its products across the globe.

For example, here in the UK, the top line EX trim gets a Heads-Up Display. This is not available in the USA, for example.

Similarly, the USA gets remote start, we in the UK do not.

Guess we cant have everything!
Guess not 😊 I was wondering that maybe some user did modify this thing on his car...

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,157 Posts
I would like to know if I could have the remote start for the winter months
I do know that a pre-heater thing was available as an extra on the 4th Gen CRV, but never seen it on the 5th Gen here....

·
Registered
CR-V Hybrid - Elegance (EX in US)
49 Posts
I would LOVE it if the USA models had memory side mirrors.
This is a great feature, in my case is used everyday to park the car very close to sidewalk in front of my home and “saving the rim/wheel” from my wife :)

Greetings,
I'm owner of 2019 European model of Honda CR-V hybrid. First positive impression of driving Honda CR-V hybrid is really good, great interior space, good driving comfort and real great quiet ride. The real negative things for me is that this European model is missing remote engine start, drive off auto lock and walk away auto lock. I can't believe that this expensive car (lifestyle model) is missing this, and some less expensive other car manufacturers models have this options. The Honda dealer has no explanation why this features are missing. Does anybody have a similar experience and information that any of this features can be upgraded, becouse U.S models have this, and its seem this can be software upgraded?
I partial agree, this great car is cheap compare to RAV4 hybrid (in Italy at least) and Lifestyle trim have a very good value for the money.IMO

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone!
I also was very wondered when realized that Honda CR-V 2019 Lifestyle does not have "Walk away auto lock" function. I spent more than 2 hours to find out why it is so. Nothing was found. Can I do something to activate this function?
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2020 CRV Hybrid EX-L
16 Posts
I’m curious if anyone has looked to see if the wiring/connector is taped up on US model. Most automakers create one harness and tape off certain plugs.
I'm afraid it's not only about the connector or wiring. The side mirrors have electric servo-motors. Also the US CRVs are missing the button (it's located near the mirror remote adjustments)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm afraid it's not only about the connector or wiring. The side mirrors have electric servo-motors. Also the US CRVs are missing the button (it's located near the mirror remote adjustments)
If the connections are there and you could get the hardware parts it would be doable, only real concern would be if the system had to be coded with logic. I’ve done all kinds of stuff like this on cars from Nissan to BMW.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If the connections are there and you could get the hardware parts it would be doable, only real concern would be if the system had to be coded with logic. I’ve done all kinds of stuff like this on cars from Nissan to BMW.
Sometimes even the dealer cannot get around the factory setup. I once bought a used 2009 Toyota station wagon imported from Belgium. "Premium" trim, fully loaded, keyless, memory seats, full leather, etc. No CC. Took it to the same dealer after a while to install the CC. Worked out great, the standard Toyota CC stalk was added and it works fine but the indicator light does not turn on in the dash. The dealer said they can code the CC to work but not to turn on the light if it wasn't included in factory. I said I can solder the LED on the board but it wouldn't have helped.

Reactions: JustM3

·
Registered
2020 CRV Hybrid EX-L
16 Posts
It’s really weird how Honda decides on trims depending on the market. For instance Eu hybrids get parking sensors in the base trims, US spec cars get it only in touring. Eu has heated rear seats, foldable mirrors (discussed above), HUD, panoramic sunroof. Eu cars, arguable have better build quality(being made in Japan) and are much higher priced :)

It’s not only about the connectors, there are no servos inside those mirrors.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,157 Posts
It’s really weird how Honda decides on trims depending on the market. For instance Eu hybrids get parking sensors in the base trims, US spec cars get it only in touring. Eu has heated rear seats, foldable mirrors (discussed above), HUD, panoramic sunroof. Eu cars, arguable have better build quality(being made in Japan) and are much higher priced
Not weird at all.

Its marketing.

USA benefits from premium Honda offshoot Acura.

We dont.

Thats why UK/EU cars often have better specs than their US-Honda counterparts because we dont get Acura. And if someone in the US wants a premium Honda, they buy Acura.

Reactions: Kazoo2U

·
Registered
161 Posts
It’s really weird how Honda decides on trims depending on the market. For instance Eu hybrids get parking sensors in the base trims, US spec cars get it only in touring. Eu has heated rear seats, foldable mirrors (discussed above), HUD, panoramic sunroof. Eu cars, arguable have better build quality(being made in Japan) and are much higher priced :)

It’s not only about the connectors, there are no servos inside those mirrors.
Oh it would definitely require purchasing new motorized mirrors, new base plates and connectors. I was just saying that if there is existing wiring in place than there is a good chance it would be PnP. I know there might be some coding that would have to be done as well. Same thing I posted about in another thread regarding the AVAS. I’m fairly confident that if that plug is in place it would simply be a matter of purchasing the on/off switch and popping out the dummy plate on dash piece for the new button to reside.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts