Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CR-V AWD Sensing (NZ)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in New Zealand, I called the Honda dealer, they told me they don't have DPSF II, they use CVTF (08269-P9901ZB3 ) for rear differential fluid.
Is that OK?
I can't understand why they don't use DPSF II.
Is it safe to use CVTF for rear differential fluid?

·
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Interesting. I assume you learned this by way of experience? Did you ask them? What did they say? It would certainly be interesting to know. I see you have a 2019, but others cannot. If I may suggest, please go to your Account Settings, find the space where you can enter the specs on your car, and do so, then save. After that, your car info will always show up in your Avatar, as you can see it in mine. It'll save a lot of difficulty when you ask questions. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2019 CR-V AWD Sensing (NZ)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum! Interesting. I assume you learned this by way of experience? Did you ask them? What did they say? It would certainly be interesting to know. I see you have a 2019, but others cannot. If I may suggest, please go to your Account Settings, find the space where you can enter the specs on your car, and do so, then save. After that, your car info will always show up in your Avatar, as you can see it in mine. It'll save a lot of difficulty when you ask questions. Enjoy!
Thank you. I requested to order DPSF II, they confirmed this in email, they don't have DPSF II in NZ

·
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,142 Posts
Avatar looks good now! I have a friend there. She lives in a beautiful spot called Wainui. Too cold for me, though, I was born and raised on the Equator, and now live in Texas (same difference).

This makes me wonder if the two fluids are the same thing! Hmmm.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Found this thread in the forum covering similar topic, different model year.

It does provide some historical context of Hondas shift in fluid use for differentials..and a forum concensus to stick with DPSF-2.

What does your New Zealand owners manual specify? THAT is what I would go with... regardless of what a dealer tries to tell me. Ultimately your vehicle warranty is with Honda.. not a local dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts