Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5000 miles ago, on my 2018 FWD CRV, I rotated cross cross, so front right to back left and front left to back right and so on. I noticed the correct pattern is fronts go to the back and backs get crossed to the front. I’m about to rotate again, should I reverse what I did before or just continue on the correct way? They aren’t directional.

·
Registered
178 Posts
In my opinion, as long as you rotate them regularly the pattern really doesn't matter. The big advantage of following a regular pattern is to help insure all around good rotation because you don't have to remember the previous locations. Just take note of the old, and new locations, and make sure you get fresh new tire locations on your next rotation.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
as long as the cross is done front or rear. if a new tire is involved always to the front, FWD I still put to the front

We also need to see which way the trends go, so make sure they were correctly installed. a lot can be said. Will not harm you incorrectly rotating

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as long as the cross is done front or rear. if a new tire is involved always to the front, FWD I still put to the front

We also need to see which way the trends go, so make sure they were correctly installed. a lot can be said. Will not harm you incorrectly rotating
Yeah I figured I just would start doing it the normal way and they would be alright. My first set of tires (hanooks) that came with the car cupped really bad, and I’m just overly paranoid of abnormal and uneven wear now. From what I gathered it was a result of bad tires, not alignment, so meh. This is all a bit embarrassing, I’m an aircraft mechanic, and I still make derpy mistakes sometimes. (Not on planes, cars).

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
we can toss this one in the scenerio. get a flat. on the front, you know where that goes, to the rear, and then the next tire rotation I continue the same rotation as I always did. I rather keep flats to the rear, then be pulled to the side if on the front, when goes. embarrasing Nah, i done it all. and does not bother me a bit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts