Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone found a way to make the turn signal louder on a 2006 CRV? I am not able to hear that sound and constantly drive with it on. I looked into purchasing a high volume flasher but apparently that is not possible on this vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,115 Posts
The flasher function is electronic rather than being a relay as in older cars, and is built into a control module. So, no, it cannot be made louder.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like your thinking. It doesn't have to be wired into the computer, just a pulsing turn signal line.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping someone had already come up with a way. I don't want to wire anything unless I know I won't damage something. I was thinking about some sort of transmitter located next to it with the receiver up by me. I am tired of driving with it on and people pulling out in front of me thinking I am turning.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,115 Posts
Or you could just learn to pay attention. There's not a thing wrong with the stock setup just as it is, so maybe it's just your driving skills that need work. I don't mean for that to sound rude, but safe driving really depends on good driving habits. Be safe.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
242 Posts
Ok, I have to ask. Aren't they self-cancelling turn signals?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The problem is I am loosing my hearing. Yes they are self cancelling signals, but when changing lanes I have been relying on my hearing to know if I turned them off. That does not work anymore and where I sit I don't see the lights flashing on the dash. I need to be able to hear them and I can't when driving. My kids are always telling me to turn them off. And that does not work when they are not there. Nightmare!

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,115 Posts
The problem is I am loosing my hearing. Yes they are self cancelling signals, but when changing lanes I have been relying on my hearing to know if I turned them off. That does not work anymore and where I sit I don't see the lights flashing on the dash. I need to be able to hear them and I can't when driving. My kids are always telling me to turn them off. And that does not work when they are not there. Nightmare!
My hearing deteriorated years ago. It's not that big of a deal, you get used to it. You just have to pay attention and stay focused, which you should be doing anyway. Blaming it on your hearing is just an excuse. Old bad habits are as hard to unlearn as new bad habits are easy to learn! :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Make no excuses to me, I am 77 and wear two hearing aids, let kids learn on their own.

Thinking out loud, years ago they sold this plastic gizmo that would allow you to see a red light almost directly over your head. I wonder if a prism or magnifying lens of some sort would shine at you enough to bother you. Maybe a trip to the dollar tree is in order for ideas.

They have black electrical tape that will stop that incessant blinking compass recalibrating light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Make no excuses to me, I am 77 and wear two hearing aids, let kids learn on their own.

Thinking out loud, years ago they sold this plastic gizmo that would allow you to see a red light almost directly over your head. I wonder if a prism or magnifying lens of some sort would shine at you enough to bother you. Maybe a trip to the dollar tree is in order for ideas.

They have black electrical tape that will stop that incessant blinking compass recalibrating light.
I will check into that. Thanks to all for their help.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,115 Posts

I know perzackly what you mean! I'm old too. I can remember when dirt was still rocks. A lifetime of loud noise exposure, to gunfire, jets, music, work, plus multiple eardrum ruptures due to ant bites when I lived in Panama (military brat).

My eldest son and his wife are deaf, and for years had light bulbs in rooms with phones that would light when it rang. Now they have cell phones on vibrate and video chat. Nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts