Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - we have a 2007 CR-V, and its most important feature has been the hard, foldable shelf in the cargo area -- which literally allows us to double the capacity of our storage (i.e. luggage or nursery plants below, and groceries above shelf every weekend, etc.)

We were very disappointed to see that this featured was discontinued (around 2011, I believe) and replaced with a retractable cover which is not weight bearing.

We're preparing to purchase a new CR-V (very loyal, as we love it!), but need to devise a way to add this weight-bearing shelf aftermarket. I've searched online a bit and have found a couple "cargo drawers", but that doesn't provide nearly the flexibility and capacity.

Any suggestions on how to add this feature after market, so that I can double my storage capacity?

Many thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
137 Posts
You could look into a freestanding storage shelf system at Lowe's that fits the cargo area. Just put it together with one level above the base. You'll waste the remaining shelves and arms but it will give you the second shelf you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts