Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tow a pop up camper with my 2011 EXL 4WD. It tows just fine, but it does cause a significant squat in the rear. To offset that, I found some coil spring spacers at Auto Zone for under $10. I figured I wouldn't lose much if it didn't work. After a little wrestling, they went in place on the rear coils. I noticed about a 1" gain in lift and the squatting issue pretty much disappeared. It did effect the ride...in a positive way. I noticed that i don't feel as much sway in turns, and it (to me) just felt generally more stable. I did take before and after pics of the rear wheel area if anyone is interested.

I actually bought 2 sets hoping to use them front and rear as a lift kit, but the front coils are spaced so far apart that the spacers wouldn't fit securely. Just figured I would be the guinnea pig in case others were thinking the same way I was.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the past I have used Grayston coil spring assisters. They come in various sizes. The idea with these isnt so much to lift as to prevent full compression of the spring / sag. They work really well in my experience and I even used them on a Volvo car I had to correct sagging rear suspension. springa.jpg

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I considered those too, but I wanted more of a lifted look. I'm very happy with what I used. Thanks for your input on what you posted. That helped confirm that I went the right direction for what I wanted to accomplish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts