Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi CR-V|OC, I know questions regarding accessories are often asked, but I can't find any good answers for someone on a budget, so I figured I would post.

I just bought a 2005 CR-V and am looking for suggestions on inexpensive floor mats and seat covers. I don't need anything as nice as WeatherTech or custom neoprene seat covers, but things that will fit and are rugged would be good. I don't mind trimming floor mats, but I would like a seat cover that both fit (including the headrest), was ok with side air bags, and didn't cost more than $40.

And while I'm asking, what other accessories, interior or exterior, do you consider practically necessary. I live in western Washington, and love taking long trips, meaning rain, rocks, mud, ice and snow. Again, value (a high quality:price ratio) is important to me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I've tried a variety of the inexpensive seat covers on my '12 V LX and the fit was lousy with all of them. I just gave up. I'm not going to spend hundreds on seat covers.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,559 Posts
I never found durable, fitted carpet floor mats for my V. The factory mats wore out in 25K miles.

I currently have (mis-matched) OEM Acura carpet mats in the drivers' position. These mats hold up great! Can't understand how Honda got these right but cheaped-out on the Honda mats.

A quick Google resulted in these choices...don't know if they meet your definition of 'cheap'.
http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/20A20008A1.aspx

++++++++++

Our factory cloth seats are holding up well (with regular yearly cleaning) on our '06 with 160K miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts