Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baby is due end of March and we are down to 2 possible vehicles for my wife, at least this week she is down to two choices. lol

How well does an infant (rear facing) car seat fit into a CR-V? Are the front seats able to be pushed back fully? How difficult to install and how hard to put the baby in and take out of the seats?

We are looking at either a 2009 or 2010, not sure yet.

Anything else you can provide would be greatly appreciated. :)

For those interested, Rachel wants to go look at a Nissan Rogue. From what I have read infant seats don't work in them very well as the front seat needs to be moved almost fully forward, which will not work for us at all. We will be borrowing an infant seat from a friend and heading to both a Nissan and Honda dealer soon.

·
Registered
142 Posts
We never had any issues whatsoever with having our little girl in her booster seat, and my son in his rear facing seat back there at the same time. It's a great family vehicle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got the 2010 CRV EX and had shopped for a new car (was considering buying a used car in generalbut didn't know how ppl cared for their cars). Anyways I decided to get a new one and a Honda obviously.

I was looking at used cars after 2002 as they all come with LATCH system.

Anyways, Honda CRV has it. But, in the end, I didn't need it....I took it into the Cali Hwy Patrol (they do free fitting--just call for appt) for the infant car seat that I got, the Snugride 35. BTW the Graco Snugride is top rated if you are still deciding on infant car seats.

Anyways, long story short, they did NOT use the LATCH. As they explain, one system is not better. They fitted the single baby seat in the best spot--middle rear--using the center seat belt.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool!! This is great news! We are expecting in April, got the SnugRide as well. I will have to make sure my husband knows this information!

I got the 2010 CRV EX and had shopped for a new car (was considering buying a used car in generalbut didn't know how ppl cared for their cars). Anyways I decided to get a new one and a Honda obviously.

I was looking at used cars after 2002 as they all come with LATCH system.

Anyways, Honda CRV has it. But, in the end, I didn't need it....I took it into the Cali Hwy Patrol (they do free fitting--just call for appt) for the infant car seat that I got, the Snugride 35. BTW the Graco Snugride is top rated if you are still deciding on infant car seats.

Anyways, long story short, they did NOT use the LATCH. As they explain, one system is not better. They fitted the single baby seat in the best spot--middle rear--using the center seat belt.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
sounds like you already got the information you needed. I'll just add a little more from my own experience.

We have those permanent bases that you can quickly throw the baby seat into and out of the vehicle. with that in the car you cannot have the front seat all the way back. If it is in the middle position in the back seat then you might have better luck. This was not something we did because we had our son in a booster, so the sides were the best option. With the base in my wife had no issues sitting in front of the baby (she's 5'7"ish). I was uncomfortable (i'm 6'2").

Without that permanent base no problems fitting it back there. Seriously as much seating space front to back as our Jeep Grand Cherokee (jeep has more width, though)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone tried fitting the Graco Snugride in a 2001 model CR-V? I have one more payment left and won't be upgrading for a while. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts