Status
Not open for further replies.

Info on carbon build up

Tags
carbon info
4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  robbyg 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The topic appears fairly current. I hope the extended warranty protects against this issue. I'm surprised they needed to replace injectors.

There's an interesting link in the discussion re: the other major 1.5T faux pas that is forced to remain nameless on this website.

#3 ·
I have been a bit nervous about this from day one. During my pre buying research I read a lot about carbon build up on the intake vales of a GDI engine being a major headache that requires either a Walnut shell blasting or chemical treatment done by a mechanic. I also read that same comment that Honda supposedly claims to have gotten past the problem by using some kind of intermittent long valve opening that will blow off the crud. I somehow doubt this is true but I do think that Honda must realize that this would be an issue and one that will happen during the waranty period. I am hoping that they already have some sort of chemical flushing machine in the works that will be distributed to the dealers and therefore make it easy to clean the valves during a routing service visit. BTW I think Top Tier gas will help but only to the extent of giving you some extra miles before a valve cleaning is going to be needed.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.