Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts

Unbelievably there are worse infotainment systems out there.

I dont know why everyone slams it, works fine for me for carplay and hondahack fixed the few odds and ends.
Are there more advanced ones ... 100% BUT for the BUNDLE of crv options for the price its a no brainer IMO

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,634 Posts
The current head unit is not bad... better than prior generations which were completely button and knob free. But the one in the current generation Accords is much better.... and in my view indicative of what we will see in the gen6 CRVs.

Honestly.. people need to understand that the Head Unit IS NOT meant to be like smart phones (much less a replacement for one) ... which are constantly updated with a new OS, new features AND new bugs too. They are not meant for constant OS and APP updates to keep pace with a fast moving world of smart phones. It is an appliance with basic integration with the vehicle first and foremost... followed by the ability to link it up with your smartphone.

Within the next 5 or so years, I bet most companies stop putting head-units in vehicles and the owner will need a smart phone or tablet as the user interface, with a software connectivity handler and phone/tablet App approach. Vehicles in the Japan market are already seeing this move in newer model releases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts