Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infotainment system restarts when I start the car. It happens after the car is off for some time, hour maybe two. It is taking some time, up to 1 minute to turn on build in Android.
During this time I can see only Honda Logo on the screen and rotating dots on the dashboard.
Backup camera is working but there are no parking lines.
W5G6ueV.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine just did the same thing for the first time yesterday. Its also lags more now than when I bought it. I did clear out the cache and that seems to help a little. I'm still digging through all the settings. I hope someone else has some input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:
I have EX-L model. I left my car at Honda service, but they don't know how to fix that yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Started to see the same issue starting Sunday, but didn't need to sit for a long time. Even after a potty break at a rest area it happened. Then all of a sudden it started working normally, still slow but normally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have had this happen 4 times in the 2 weeks we've had the car. Called the dealership and they said they couldn't do anything unless they saw it happening, so I pushed it a little further and they just want me to keep track of it as they couldn't find anything in their system about it.I've also got an EX-L

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife just reported this issue today. We just picked up an EX-L w/Nav this past Saturday, May 20. Today, she didn't see the navigation screen for her entire commute to work (about 25 minutes). All she got was the "H" logo as depicted above. When she got to work, she turned the engine off, then back on, and the screen finally came on for her.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This happened to me twice, both times after I tried Siri Eyes Free (not using CarPlay, but using bluetooth), but with Siri disabled on my phone's lock screen. Both times my infotainment system got horribly slow, taking several minutes to boot up and even then things weren't right. The backup camera froze, no lines showed up, etc. I reset to factory defaults and all was well again...this was before knowing how to reboot so I don't know if that would have worked either. But you might want to at least reboot, at most reset to factory defaults.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How do you find out what firmware you have? The system UI isnt very clean... also is there any way to check for updates? With my old explorer you had to log into the ford webpage and it would tell you if you were up to date there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This happened to me once last Friday (I've only had the car for a week) after unplugging my iPhone with Car Play and plugging it back in 10 seconds later. Took forever to reboot, but it did.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My EXL w/nav started the "long" boot process yesterday too - no guidelines on the backup camera either initially. Sirius/XM became non- functional with "check tuner" displayed- this is after the boot process is over.
Today, Sirius is working but the boot process is still extended. What a POS. I am not happy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE:
After one day in service all they did was removing all connected (Bluetooth ) devices from the system and disconnecting all USB cables.
It is working now, but they told me to keep an eye on it for next few weeks.
It looks like Honda has no idea what is going on :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts