Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So, I've been told by Honda that my IMRC valve is throwing intermittent fault codes and that this could be the cause of our poor running.

Question is, what is the IMRC valve and what does it do and could it have symptoms like we are experiencing which are:

Hesitations on gentle acceleration, engine "shaking" while accelerating and very occasionally a cough or hiccough and real miss type hesitation before pulling away at low speeds, more noticeable in second gear right after changing from 1st If I accellerate hard there can be some shaking at high speed too and, when the big cough happens it is usually accompanied by a puff of black smoke.

I have mentione dthis in the Remapping thread only because it became more noticable after the remap and my darling wife has always blamed the remap for this behaviour. I (and the remap man) have doubted that it coul dhave caused these symptoms (remap man adamant) but It's hard t prove other than un mapping it again.

So, anyone got an in depth knowledge of the IMRC valve control and what it should do and could potentially do if it went wrong?

Thanks for any help or insights.

james

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi again,

Me replying to my post. Obviously not a popular problem then :)

Just to say that I accidentally found the source of the "Miss" I noticed that the Turbo control solenoid and the EGR control solenoid were exactly the same items so went to swap them over and see if anything changed. When I went to remove the vacuum pipe from the activatio side of the EGR control solenoid valve it came away in my hand, i.e. the pipe stem was cracked.
£187.00 from Honda and the problem has dissappeared.

Way to expensive for an electric valve though :)(

Also, spent 2 x £75 for diagnostics at Honda which failed to show the fault. I feel like asking for my money back :(

Happy days./

James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts