Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 CR-V LX:

The driver's side door lock does not work on the driver's door lock it does work on the other three doors though. I figured it was a control unit but was it not that major a problem since the key would work from the outside when locking or unlocking that door. Inconvlenient somewhat but workable.

Now yesterday the inside door handle stopped functioning. I need to have the ignition on, roll down the window and open the door from the inside, then shut the window, turn off the ignition, etc. The only way I could get it to lock was to reach around to the rear door, unlock it, open the door, shut the front door, lock it from inside then lock and shut the rear door. The key from the outside did not seem too work. More inconvenient.

I did remove the driver's side door handle assembly and looked at it, it seems intact. Hopefully I thought maybe something broke off there. (That would be too easy)

My question is would it be the driver's side lock controller doing all that? Or are there two separate but related problems now?

With any luck the computer will send the message as I typed it without changing words or omitting some!

·
Registered
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
256 Posts
Sounds like you are having mechanical problems, not electronic ones. You will need to take the interior panel off of the door, and check all the internal linkages.

The power door locks not operating the driver's door lock, might be a problem with the actuator in the door lock, because that is a common problem. You might need to replace the lock assembly to fix it.

·
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,169 Posts
Do you have a Honda Factory Service manual? If not, I'd advise getting one. I got mine off eBay, on disc, for cheap, and it has helped tremendously, and paid for itself quickly. It will contain diagrams and blowups and descriptions and troubleshooting, etc.

The power door lock actuators are plastic, and many of their internal parts are also plastic. So yeah, they are subject to shelling out over time. Not expensive, but a pain to swap. You can order the actuator (be sure to get OEM - not aftermarket) from any of the online Honda parts dealers, such as hondapartsnow.com. I got one for my '07 for about $65 +tax, shipping, took 5 days to arrive.

If you pull the door panel and look, you should be able to tell if any levers are broken or unhooked. If not, it's probably the actuator/latch mechanism.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks , I have a Haynes Repaiir Manual. I got the door panel off this morning and can see very little. I felt what I could and felt nothing loose or broken. Taking a breather now, working on my F150 with fuse problems also.

On the CR-V, the driver's side look control works with the other three doors not the drivers door lock. I think it did when I bought it in the fall of 2018. When I press the switch for the locks, the drivers side lock wiggles a bit but that is all.

I need my mirror to see the linkage for the dood latch, it looks and seems to work fine at the handle. I have no clue how the remote lock control works and if it is related to the exiting problem -probably the lock actuator assembly-- but it had b never worked either even with new batteries.

I do think the car may have been in an accident of some type , I can see body panels not exactly lining up.

Additional: The window does go up and down, bit is slow going up, like maybe binding somewhere.

·
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,169 Posts
The power lock not working with the switch or the fob is a definite indicator that the actuator is bad. I'd order a new one, and while you wait, throw that Haynes manual in the trash and get the Honda factory service manual. Here's the one you want:

1997 1999 2001 Honda CR-V Shop Service Repair Manual CD w/ ETM | eBay

I got mine from the same guy and it is over 3,200 pages - covers everything, has massive troubleshooting and diagnostic information, you name it. It's the factory manual. You can't beat the deal, and once you've seen it you'll never buy another Haynes.

The window is a separate issue. Of course, the manual covers it too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an aacurator on the way. I found what may have caused the door handle inside not to work, a clip holding the rod to the door frame broke. Now to see if I can get one of them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts