Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Finally, I just got a running board, it is a aftermarket, which I think it looks better than Honda with less cost.

I know many people says it is a useless and it's only cosmetic look.

The reason I bought is for 2 reason. First is for my kids. They are 3 and 6yr old. They are okay to get on a Sienna, but having hard time

to climb up the CR-V, higher than Sienna and small door opening area. They try it and loves it. It really help them safely get in and out of car.

and yes, it looks better than without it. For that reason, I am really happy with it now.

Second reason is to easy access on roof, roof storage and/or washing a car while stepping on running board.

But, it is on your way whenever you gets in and out of car. I don't know how much it would bother you, but not too much. But yes, it is on your way.

I bought it off ebay with holiday coupon and sale, got little over $100, and took me 3 hours all set up without jack stand.

If you have a jack and jack stand, or work shop, I will save you half of the time. There is a under cover which you have to cut it, but easy piece.

Measure the size and cut it a bit larger than you think, you should be ok. I made it, which means you can make it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Looks good, nice job, thanks for sharing.:doublethumb:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Running boards are not for everyone. Sometimes they get in the way and hit people on the shin. However, you have little children and it helps them so that is a good thing. No one car/set-up works for everyone. It appears this accessory works great for your situation so no matter what anyone else might think, its a great add-on for you.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Those do look very nice, I like the look. They do make my ankles ache just looking at them. But I can easily see how midget access can be critical. Or, to be more pc, access for the vertically challenged, such as miniature folks and tiny wives and such. These people do have their pros and cons. In this case they can definitely cause lifetime ankle/shin scarring. But, on the other hand, they can quite easily be hung in the closet or on the coat rack in the hall, to get them out of the way and keep them from being a nuisance underfoot, as long as there is enough side clearance to prevent kicking and biting injuries to passersby. I always keep an extra roll of duct tape nearby, just in case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I got it off the Ebay, iBoard side running step/board. Amazon has it as well.

As I said, if you don't have a kid, it's just for look, please think twice.

Especially it helps a lot young 3 yrs old girl, use it as step.

They might not need it after 5 or 6yrs later, but for now, I love it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well done...

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Excellent post and it looks great!
Thanks for sharing.

Rob

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Wonder if anyone makes those “disappearing/fold away” running boards for compact SUVs? Would be cool to push a button and fold ‘em out in mud or gravel.:nod::Naughty:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Wonder if anyone makes those “disappearing/fold away” running boards for compact SUVs? Would be cool to push a button and fold ‘em out in mud or gravel.:nod::Naughty:
Most of the fellow owners I have met at various stops seem to like the way the vehicle looks with the running boards on. I know it's personal taste but I also like mine being on display.

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts