Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are going to try it this weekend I hope it works :)

Tune-in Audio is an awesome program to listen to local police scanners and podcast! (and CB radio and HAM radio) :)
Report back how it goes! I won't have time to hack away at it for a couple weekends. But I can't wait to see what we can do with it. We may be able to rip out the Garmin Navi apk and transplant it into CRV's that it didn't come with :) All trim levels have a gps module!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
If I'm Mitsubishi (who manufactures the headunit) non-Navi parts are going to have some microfuses blown to keep the GPS coordinates from working (for the exact same reason you'd like it to work... get built-in navi without paying $1k), but it'd be really cool if this were not the case.

·
Registered
45 Posts
One of the thread stated that it didn't work with the 2017 Honda Civic HU, so I'm assuming it wouldn't work for ours either though if someone is brave enough to try, please report back :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
One of the thread stated that it didn't work with the 2017 Honda Civic HU, so I'm assuming it wouldn't work for ours either though if someone is brave enough to try, please report back :)
This guy said it worked on his Accord 2017 (same thread, but page 43). Installed Google Maps (offline downloading of maps won't work because of no Google Play services) and Sygic Navigator app (that worked offline!).

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-gain-root-shell-2016-honda-t3487644/page43#429

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
1 - 20 of 76 Posts