Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all, i tried searching for a topic on this but couldn't find anything. I just recently purchased the Sony CDX-GT220 CD Deck because my stock cd player doesn't play CD's anymore, SO i didn't want to pay extra for people to install it, thinking it should be easy. SO i was wondering, before i try to install this in myself, is there anything special i need to know? or will it just be like a pull and plug operation?? thank you for you help guys.

PS. I have a 2000 EX-CRV.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
it is not plug and play. You need to install and run a lot of wires, fm mod, run the controller, remove the radio, ect.

If you are not a electrical type of person, or dont know how to roperly remove your radio, have it done for you.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Cd-changers is something I stay away from now. Last one I hooked up was in a 98 new beetle. IT was a nightmare, but everything about the new beetle is a nightmare, especially the sound. Only car I've run into so far with rivetted speakers. They thought they made a decent sound system and din't want anyone to touch it apparently... too bad it sucks. Ijust go for a single cd and then an mp3 player, otherwise I felt like I needed to carry way too many cd's

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
I do those cars daily as well. I hate the radio's more than the speakers. No room for the wireing back there. The rivets, no big deal, 2 sec to drill them out.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
My issue was with the back panel removal in those stupid things, so in my Fiance's, I just drilled holes in the fiberglass cargo cover and put in some 6X9's which have a nice look sitting right under the rear window. YEah, I did hate the space issue too, I always have to use a fish to thread the wires down into the dash to shove the head unit that 1/8th of an inch in the rest of the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts