Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi bigcrv,

I would highly recommend doing a custom retrofit, as they are easier to wire up when it comes to that step. Something like this, is more friendly for a JDM or EU spec CR-V, as they have a different harness for lighting and these are most likely not compatible with our USDM spec CR-V's lighting harness.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
You can get LHD OEM projectors from Germany. You will have to modify the Harness which is not hard. But its all OEM and high quality.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased and installed a set of those about three years ago and LOVE them.
I hated driving the car at night and wanted projectors and HID, haven't look back and now enjoy driving at night.

It was plug and play for me along with the HID bulbs. Super easy to install. The CFL rings come on when you turn the daytime running lights on. I didn't think I would like the CFL but it adds to the overall look of your lights & fogs.

Those added with 3000k in the fogs and it gives the CR-V a menacing look when it approaches you from behind.

I'll post a picture tonight when it's dark.

EDIT - The ONLY reason I didn't buy a new CR-V when I was looking was the lack of HID lights, was rumors the next model year would have them, but decided to go with a CPO 3rd gen and upgrade my own.

Every time I'm on the dealer lot, the guys want my CR-V.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2011 Honda CRV EX and originally had a 35W HID kit installed on the stock housing that had a halogen bulb for DRL functionality (I live in Canada). Issue with this solution was that you completely lost high-beam functionality because the halogen bulb wasn't very bright and low-beam was too bright causing glare. I really didn't want to replace the OEM assemblies and the reviews I kept seeing on the halo projectors was that the beam pattern wasn't very good. And I didn't really want to go through the hassle of trying to figure out the wiring.

I opted to go with a set of LED retrofit conversions bulbs instead and have full DRL/High/Low-beam functionality with light output equivalent to my old 35W kit, but minus the glare. The nice thing about a well designed LED bulb is that it maintains the OEM beam pattern with a decent cut off. It was plug & play and so much easier to install than my old HID kit.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I own a 2011 Honda CRV EX and originally had a 35W HID kit installed on the stock housing that had a halogen bulb for DRL functionality (I live in Canada). Issue with this solution was that you completely lost high-beam functionality because the halogen bulb wasn't very bright and low-beam was too bright causing glare. I really didn't want to replace the OEM assemblies and the reviews I kept seeing on the halo projectors was that the beam pattern wasn't very good. And I didn't really want to go through the hassle of trying to figure out the wiring.

I opted to go with a set of LED retrofit conversions bulbs instead and have full DRL/High/Low-beam functionality with light output equivalent to my old 35W kit, but minus the glare. The nice thing about a well designed LED bulb is that it maintains the OEM beam pattern with a decent cut off. It was plug & play and so much easier to install than my old HID kit.
Which bulbs did you get? Can you share a link? I have seen some Philips bulbs from Asia that will fit, but they are expensive. (I tend to trust Philips over those no-name brands.)

I want to upgrade the lights on my 2009, but only as long as it doesn't blind oncoming drivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts