Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone could help me please.

ive got the camera working (checked with a tv) but i cant get it to show on the original built in sat nav in the car.

ive seen dotted about on this forum and civicinfo that i may need to run a cable from a 12v source to the nav unit but i cant find which pin the 12v needs to go to as no one specifies (might be a length of cable already in the unit but doesnt go anywhere, but cant check this without cutting off all the loom wrappings.)

thanks in advance

·
Registered
112 Posts
have you checked in the settings of the sat nave if it set to automatically go into the reverse video mode when car is in reverse?

For aftermarket systems i had to tap into the reverse signal harness and run a wire to the stereo so it automatically switches to Reverse view. Not sure if factory stereo is already wired for reverse signal.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got no way of loading pics sorry as camera on phone broken, mounted the camera in front of reg plate on the overhanging shelf then ran the cables behind the panels like the guides say. to get the camera cable to inside of the car i threaded through the reg plate light hole, then if you stick your head underneath you can see where cables go the rubber bung under boot door, you can force the cable head through the bung but i cut it and taped it back up afterwards.

cant see anything on sat nav settings to accept it. i think i need to tap into reverse power cable but unsure which cable/pin into the nav i need to do it with so was hoping someone has already managed it with the stock sat nav. some hondas have a cable into nav that doesnt go anywhere for this purpose but all the exsisting cables seem to be connected at other end as none are loose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, has anybody confirmed the wiring for the 7 pin molex connector for the camera to oem sat nav. I got one that has pin 1 and 6 linked, pin 3 positive from camera, pin 4 negative from camera. Confirmed camera works into TV AV socked but no picture on sat nav. Anybody any ideas what's wrong please ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts