Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to install a Sirius XM SXV300V1 tuner in my new head unit and was wondering if anyone knows of an attachment that will allow me to use the stock antenna on the car? I don't mind upgrading the antenna to a different model if that will help. I have been told there isn't a connector so wanted to see if anyone here has done it and what they did. Another option I have is to remove the stock Siri antenna in the antenna and see if the new one with the unit will fit in that same area.

Tia,
Andrew

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aye but there are other CR-V's that come with that option, I can upgrade to one of those antenna's but not sure if there is a connector that will work.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
After doing some research, and looking at parts information for the CR-V Touring models with have XM, I then looked at the information for the Sirius XM receiver.

The receiver description says:
The compact SXV300 tuner is truly plug-and-play with compatible car stereos
So the question then becomes what car stereo do you have in your 2017 CR-V, and is it one that that Sirius XM receiver is compatible with?

So I checked Crutchfield.com, told it I had a 2017 CR-V EX with the OEM non-Navigation head unit, and that I wanted to add a SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner too.
It then told me I needed an adapter, and said this one will work:

Vais Technology GSR-HD01 Adapter
Use SiriusXM's satellite radio tuner with the factory radio in select 2015-up Honda models
It's in stock and costs $279.99.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still requires the SXV Tuner and thus, the same problem, the stock antenna brick that comes with it =/ Thanks for the research though. Will see if I can find more documentation though, maybe I missed something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is my thought thus far:

Purchase Honda Part No.: 39152-T0A-A11 which supports regular and Sirius XM radio. It is the base antenna for both.
Purchase Honda Part No.: 39160-T0A-A11 which in the cabling for regular and Sirius XM radio back to the stock XM reciever and radio connection.

The challenge is finding a connector on the Feeder Assembly that will plug into the Sirius XM connection on the SXV300V1 Tuner.

Hope that helps clarify some things.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The parts listing for the Honda XM receiver has a note about things that are required for it to be installed:

*Requires XM Satellite Radio Antenna, Attachment, and Y Adapter Harness. This product requires:
08A31-0F1-000 - Audio, Wire Harness - Honda - $16.00
08A15-0J1-100 - Audio, XM Antenna Kit - Honda - $45.00
08B15-SZT-100 - Audio, XM Attachment - Honda - $77.00

For the Honda antenna you'd need the antenna and base, plus the cable that routes from the antenna in the back to the receiver up front.

And I did check and the EX antenna is different than the Touring/XM antenna, as is the wire from the front to the antenna.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The part that puzzles me is the 08A15-0J1-100 - Audio, XM Antenna Kit - Honda - $45.00 since that is the antenna that comes with the Sirius XM SXV300V1 tuner. I really don't want to stick the brick on the roof of the car so not sure a) why they have that listed and b) since it is listed, where does it actually go? My thoughts were in the external antenna shell but that has not appeared to be an option so still flying blind on that one. Thankfully the wiring from the antenna to the front does not seem to vary between the SE and LX-E (which supports Sirius) I just need to upgrade the antenna system. As for the Y adapter, I would assume that is just needed if you are using the stock Sirius XM module for the CR-V. Ah, puzzles...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update with another question, although still searching through the forums:
There is no real kit to allow you to use the factory equipment and plug and play to an after market radio. You can splice some things and others just aren't compatible. This has been educational to say the least.

For the fun part - does anyone have the pin out for the HFT unit for a 2016 CR-V SE? Got just about everything where I want it but the diagram from Crutchfield is telling me to wire their red/orange wire into the yellow wire on the HFT to get the steering wheel phone controls to work and it doesn't. They fell short, way short, in telling me where the HFT was and how to get to it but that is a story for another day.

TIA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts