Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of JBL components from Crutchfield during their BOGO special (also a matching pair of coaxials for the back doors). I'd really like to install the tweeters in the stock location but I've been having a terrible time tracking down a factory set of grilles. I don't like the look of the cheap sail panel mounts and want to keep it clean and original looking. My local dealer wants $130 for a pair of grilles though! I also can't find any CRVs in local salvage yards. Nothing on eBay.
Any suggestions? If worse comes to worse I can just use a hole say to convert my existing caps into temporary mounting points.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got a set of JBL components from Crutchfield during their BOGO special (also a matching pair of coaxials for the back doors). I'd really like to install the tweeters in the stock location but I've been having a terrible time tracking down a factory set of grilles. I don't like the look of the cheap sail panel mounts and want to keep it clean and original looking. My local dealer wants $130 for a pair of grilles though! I also can't find any CRVs in local salvage yards. Nothing on eBay.
Any suggestions? If worse comes to worse I can just use a hole say to convert my existing caps into temporary mounting points.
I would put them in your current sail panels and just drill out a 1" hole. I know you said you prefer not to do that but if its between that and paying $130 for some grills i would choose using what you have. If you do it right no one will know that its not factory except you.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Read this. It might help...
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/20-mobile-electronics/11640-2010-crv-lx-sound-audio-upgrade.html

There are many online Honda parts suppliers you can search for the grill covers.

Here is one example for 39 bucks a grill...
http://www.hondapartscheap.com/auto-parts/2008/honda/cr-v/ex-2wd-trim/5-speed-automatic-engine/electrical-exhaust-heater-fuel-cat/speaker-scat

When you search the parts stores, use 2008 EX and look at teh electrical parts section, then speakers. It will show the grills

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At the moment the tweeters are just screwed into the top of the stock blanks. Everything sounds fine, I'd just prefer a cleaner look, although $80 for 6 square inches of ABS plastic is still pretty ridiculous! I'm going to try calling some salvage yards too.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I used my factory sails for my Infinity tweeters and it looks stock, but sounds soooooooo much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts