Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can't seem to find it anywhere in the manual. I apologize if this has been discussed before but since I don't know what it is, I have no idea what keyword to use.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Instantaneous fuel consumption. It is the average of this rapidly fluctuating value that displays on the L/100km just above. You'll notice it quickly go up when you give it some gas, and drop close to 0 when you got your foot off the gas.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The factors used for this particular calculation are, speed of the vehicle and fuel injector duration.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,906 Posts
Instantaneous fuel consumption. It is the average of this rapidly fluctuating value that displays on the L/100km just above. You'll notice it quickly go up when you give it some gas, and drop close to 0 when you got your foot off the gas.
I can't see under the red lines overlayed.. so either I don't understand the display for liters and kilometers, or you got that backwards. More gas... drives the bar toward 0, and less gas drives it toward 40+? Or is that only for the MPG version of the display?

I'm so used to seeing this, since I keep this as my main display to give me feedback on instant fuel demand and economy... but mine is in MPG.. so the scale is 0-80... so I was wondering why the 0-40 scale until I realized this is L/Km :)

I have improved my driving habits in terms of overall fuel economy over time by using this display as my primary feedback on my otherwise heavy foot when leaving stop at an intersection.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I guess if gas gets up to $7/gal I might have this as default but I prefer to have the audio display in my heads up display. Just got back from a beach trip and drove my normal pace and got 33mpg. Can't argue w/ that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can't see under the red lines overlayed.. so either I don't understand the display for liters and kilometers, or you got that backwards. More gas... drives the bar toward 0, and less gas drives it toward 40+? Or is that only for the MPG version of the display?
That's right. It works just the opposite for 'litres per 100Km' when using the metric system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts