Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://abcnews.go.com/US/study-finds-small-suvs-poor-performing-headlights/story?id=40500895

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recently did a headlight study of 21 small SUV's and the 2016 CR-V came out in the top 4, rated acceptable, none got a good rating. I note study doesn't mention which trim level and I think there is a difference.

I have a 2015 touring model and I think my dims are horrible. There is a sharp shadow that keeps the light from going very far out. Anyone else notice this? Is there a difference between the 2016 and 2015 models? I checked with my dealer just now and he said no.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hmmm, I thought the headlights were very good. Maybe some drive too fast and the headlights don't keep up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The article doesn't state which model CR-V was tested. Depending on the trim level the CR-V can have different lights.

Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights with Auto-Off

Projector-Beam Halogen Headlights with Auto-On / Off

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have an 2015 EX and i think they light up the road pretty darn well at night but only when it's not raining. If i'm driving down a road that's not lit by street lamps or i'm in the woods then i throw on the fog lights to light up the sides of the roads better. My brother has an Accord Sport with projectors; now they throw the light down the road further BUT it's still pretty dim.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Euro standards have it all over the USA standards, and their standards which allow whiter, brighter lighting, do not permit the dazzling, blinding, headlights which are allowed on US DOT standard vehicles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 2016 touring is the same.Good @ low speeds or city Driving.so i use high beam as most of driving is in [email protected] 40 to 50 mph not enough time to stop if danger appears.I recall seeing the reason being for on coming traffic . Stimy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts