Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, let me rephrase my original question. For the purpose of my own self interest in comparing different insurance rates across the country, can you please tell me what you pay in the following format? Let's not make this too complicated. I'm not conducting a science experiment, just trying to get a general idea of how screwed I'm getting here in Seattle :p

Age/Sex
Driving History
Vehicle

ORIGINAL POST:

I am adding my new CR-V to my insurance, and my rates seem kind of high to me. Can you share how much you pay for insurance? I'll start:

Liberty mutual
Seattle, WA
36/M
No accidents ever
No tickets in past 5 years
2018 CR-V EX
$1000 Comprehensive Deductible
$1000 Collision Deductible
250/500/100 Bodily Injury Coverage
250/500/100 Uninsured Motorist Coverage

$1800/year

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You can't compare state to state or even different locations in the same state as the rates can vary considerably. Here in the remote mountains of Virginia, I have coverage on three motor vehicles (truck, SUV and Miata sports car) and a travel trailer. I have half a million single limit liability and UM coverage on all 3 vehicles and $500 deductible on collision and comprehensive on the travel trailer, CRV and F-150. My yearly premium is just over $800 through Erie.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Your age, past driving record, other people who live in your household (teenagers!), and where you live can greatly affect your insurance rates.

If I remember correctly, when I moved from the Indianapolis, Indiana, USA to Nashville, Tennessee, USA my rates went down by about 1/3 with the same insurance company with the same vehicle and coverage.
When I moved from Nashville to where I live now (a smaller city in Tennessee) my rates went down a little, but not significantly.

For my 2014 CR-V EX my comp and collision deductibles are US $250, my last accident was more than 30 years ago, as was my last traffic ticket.
I'm a single male who's way to close to celebrating my 60th birthday and I live alone, so I'm the only person on the insurance.

I don't have the last bill in front of me, but I'm pretty sure I'm paying about US $800 per year.
I do get a a small discount for having other insurance coverage through the same company that carries my auto insurance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am adding my new CR-V to my insurance, and my rates seem kind of high to me. Can you share how much you pay for insurance? I'll start:

Liberty mutual
Seattle, WA
36/M
No accidents ever
2018 CR-V EX

$1800/year
That seems extremely high to me. I almost mirror your situation exactly and we only pay $600 per year for our 2018 CRV AWD. Using the Gecko. We also dont have any kids on it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

Liberty mutual
Seattle, WA
36/M
No accidents ever
2018 CR-V EX

$1800/year

As stated above it goes by a ton of information

We just moved from NY to NJ last year and our INS dropped from $1750 a year to $840
same carrier just by simply changing state.

which oddly everyone here i tell that too seems to think NJ pays more than everyone else lol

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
As stated above it goes by a ton of information

We just moved from NY to NJ last year and our INS dropped from $1750 a year to $840
same carrier just by simply changing state.

which oddly everyone here i tell that too seems to think NJ pays more than everyone else lol
Isn't NJ a no fault State..... in an accident no one guilty ..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Quick question, when I added my CRV I estimated my milage rate would be around 10k a year. Well after one year it's more like 20k. Will I get into any kind of trouble if get into an accident and my mileage is way higher than the insurance company expected? Do they even look at this? If I do tell them to update my mileage, I'm guessing my premium will cost me more just wondering how much more...

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'm with the others; there's too many variables involved here. Your specific address, marital status, if the car's garaged, the length of your commute, your history with the company, the existence of other policies with the same company, credit score, available promotions, change in the rate book since the last time you renewed, etc.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,577 Posts
Mangoconchill, If the odometer reading proves substantially different than expected, the insurance company could challenge paying the claim, refuse to renew the car insurance policy or cancel the policy outright. While they don't expect an exact mileage usage, and they know the year to year mileage will vary, they do expect a reasonable estimate.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mangoconchill, If the odometer reading proves substantially different than expected, the insurance company could challenge paying the claim, refuse to renew the car insurance policy or cancel the policy outright. While they don't expect an exact mileage usage, and they know the year to year mileage will vary, they do expect a reasonable estimate.

Good to know, thanks ill be sure to update them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in a totally different area than Seattle, am in a college town. That said, I used to be just outside (10 miles) of D.C., and the rate on my 2011 Prius was about the same here as D.C. And my 2018 EX is a tad lower than the Prius, bc of the safety features the ins co said. Both now are about $550/yr each. Adding a teen takes the rate up to just about $2100 total, so yours seems high, but agree with everyone else it's hard compare factors. I did rate shop adding my teen, and left the gecko for Progressive bc gecko wanted $1000 more for the teen.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There are many factors involved. Insurance for my 2017 CRV Touring is $952.52/ year. But I have to pay dearly for my wife and sons.

Liberty mutual
Seattle, WA
36/M
No accidents ever
2018 CR-V EX

$1800/year

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,070 Posts
Too many variables involved. Zip code pricing, city v country, driving for work, advances in specification such as materials and electronics.
You’d do well to ask your agent.
What did the Crv replace?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Add into the equation the average value of the vehicles in your State. An accident in Ohio is probably going to involve a vehicle woth a fraction of the value of one in LA.””

1 - 20 of 43 Posts