Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in a 2007 Ridgeline to get my current 2008 Honda CR-V. One thing I regret not having was the independently developed hood prop kit made by the ROC's FIG. You can see the R&D of the item in this thread; RL hood prop kit R & D thread - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums.

Essentially, it is a couple of gas struts that are used to help in opening and keeping the hood open without having to use the prop rod. The biggest benefit is the added safety you get with the props and not having to fiddle with the finicky hood prop rod.

Right now I'm posting this to see how many people would be interested in such a kit.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to FIG the price (as I remember) is around $160 for the Ridgeline version. It would be a similar cost for the CR-V, maybe less. He's trying to develop a kit or solution for most of the current Hondas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I added a hood prop kit on my last car. It worked very well. The mounting brackets were aluminum. I opted for the plain finish. They shined up very nice. (Anodizing was an option)
Would really like to see a hood prop kit made for the CR-V. It would be a nice addition.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
anyone with a gen 1 can buy these premade. I'm sure you could make any civic hood dampener fit on any crv easily.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The individual who I've spoken with on this wouldn't mind making them for anyone, but I'd like to try to focus the efforts for now on the Gen3 vehicles. A hood prop like the builder (FIG on the ROC) makes is high quality and holds up well for the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts