Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone want to co purchase a 10" head unit for their crv? Shipping from china is $139 because minimum weight is 21kg. So if i order 3 of these we can split the shipping and i can ship to you for alot cheaper. The head unit is $230 canadian. You do not loose any features, only gain!!! Remap steering wheel buttons to whatever you want or each button do 2 things. Play games using emulators and gamepads, add extra sensors only available on the higher end units. 8 core cpu, 2gig ram, 32gb storage with micro sd card. EDIT: We need 1 more buyer preferably in canada!!! I will pay half of what it costs for me to ship to you. Split 3 ways shipping is just under $60 each!! If i can get 3 or more it will be a bit cheaper.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Seems interesting. I am wondering how does it handle all of the Honda menus like climate control and trip A/B counters and the ton of other settings that are done through the HU to customize the vehicle also the two USB ports and GPS etc.?

Rob

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will be adding 2 more usb ports from the head unit. The 2 in the glove box will work fully as well. It is programmed with 2017\18 firmware so everything works.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Seems interesting. I am wondering how does it handle all of the Honda menus like climate control and trip A/B counters and the ton of other settings that are done through the HU to customize the vehicle also the two USB ports and GPS etc.?

Rob
I don't think it does any of those things. The stock head unit writes settings out to the can bus... This thing likely only reads from it to get steering wheel controls.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
there is a canbus included as you can see in the pictures :)
I see canbus but the software to use the Data is another thing all together.
I am not trying to derail your proposition as this is a much nicer unit than stock, I am just trying to know what I will gain and lose.

Rob

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
me and another member from the facebook group are on board already. If there are no others within the next few days we will still go ahead. Shipping and the unit price would be cheaper if i get 3 or more. Minimum ship weight charge from china is 21lb which is $130 cad or so. Each unit is 7lbs so split 3 ways. Depending where you are in the US it might be the same price for me to ship to you. All i would need is your postal code.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My questions would be: how does it handle climate control, MM reset, and communication with the dash display?

I could see this working easily in an LX with the basic stereo, but not the higher trims that rely on the touchscreen for many car functions.

Do you have a link to a product page?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My questions would be: how does it handle climate control, MM reset, and communication with the dash display?

I could see this working easily in an LX with the basic stereo, but not the higher trims that rely on the touchscreen for many car functions.

Do you have a link to a product page?
I would not even think of purchasing this unit if i didnt think it would work with all the stock features. There is no product page yet. We would be one of the first to purchase. This is right from factory.

·
Registered
399 Posts
please, pictures or video (preferred) of dismantling of the old unit and installation of the new unit, programming and final result.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
if 3 of us get it each head unit would be $175 US ($230cad) and $38 US ($47cad) shipping for each of us plus half the cost it takes me to ship to you. What is your postal code and ill find out.

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did say similar. That is not the unit we are purchasing :) A few more days folks to order for cheaper pricing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts