Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from the dealership that I bought my CRV from 4 1/2 years ago. The guy said he was calling because he saw that I had 8 more payments of $XXX amount and could save me money by getting me into a 2015. First off, I paid the car off early and have no loan. However, I'm curious as to if he should have access to my personal finance information. I did finance thru a bank, but the dealership handled all the paperwork. I was under the impression that all that stuff was highly guarded for my privacy these days. I'm asking also because I have a major beef with this dealership regarding a repair-gone-bad situation with the service department. Anybody know what the rules are these days?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Unless you secured the loan yourself, I believe they could have access to your financials since they handled it. Or he took an educated guess that since you took out a loan on x date for x amount you would have x amount left on your loan. The fact that he didn't know it was paid off makes me think he just did the math.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The dealer may have done more than just handle the paperwork, it may have got a little cut as an agency fee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts