Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this video as a recommendation from YouTube, possibly because I've probably watched the vast majority of 2017 CR-V review videos on their :D.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfaMVCunCwU

From what I can tell, it looks to be some sort of production studio's video project using stock Honda footage of a CR-V from overseas. There are some subtle and not so subtle differences on that 2017 CR-V compared to the USA and Canadian models. Items like the different 9" infotainment screen, 3rd row seats and rear A/C unit in the roof are some to point out. Two of the items I'd like off of that one are the LED fog lights and wood trim around the center console :).

·
Registered
227 Posts
LED assebly for sale on ebay. Don't know if it will fit on our NA specs though.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/322467546221?_mwBanner=1

The exterior dimensions look pretty similar

Got this video as a recommendation from YouTube, possibly because I've probably watched the vast majority of 2017 CR-V review videos on their

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfaMVCunCwU

From what I can tell, it looks to be some sort of production studio's video project using stock Honda footage of a CR-V from overseas. There are some subtle and not so subtle differences on that 2017 CR-V compared to the USA and Canadian models. Items like the different 9" infotainment screen, 3rd row seats and rear A/C unit in the roof are some to point out. Two of the items I'd like off of that one are the LED fog lights and wood trim around the center console

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Damn! I love when car companies like to screw certain markets out of features...

LED foglights would probably fit one way or another... but may not exactly be plug n play. While the 9" infotainment is nice, I dislike the dash screen being quite basic & similar to last gen. I want that damn leather knee pad though! I have to adjust my leg almost every time I drive because I'm used to resting my knee against that area. Would also like to have the pano sunroof. It does look like they lose out on Honda Sensing features though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LED assebly for sale on ebay. Don't know if it will fit on our NA specs though.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/322467546221?_mwBanner=1

The exterior dimensions look pretty similar
Yeah, I've seen another thread about them. Sadly $389 is a bit steep just for the 2 units. I'll keep a lookout for a lower price on them. As for the wood trim around the center console, I have yet to find anyone selling it. It is strange though that all 2017 CR-Vs have the outlines for the trim on the center console.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn! I love when car companies like to screw certain markets out of features...

LED foglights would probably fit one way or another... but may not exactly be plug n play. While the 9" infotainment is nice, I dislike the dash screen being quite basic & similar to last gen. I want that damn leather knee pad though! I have to adjust my leg almost every time I drive because I'm used to resting my knee against that area. Would also like to have the pano sunroof. It does look like they lose out on Honda Sensing features though.
The CR-V is positioned differently in some markets. For some countries, the CR-V is the largest SUV they get from Honda which is why some countries get options like the third row seating and rear A/C unit. As for the luxury features, some countries don't have Acura so Honda adds more to their upper trim models to fill in that void (LED fog lights, panoramic sunroof, different engines, etc). But it is odd that the one shown in the video is lacking the Honda Sensing package.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The wheels are much better than what's offered here. I see Honda was kind enough to provide some physical buttons for the head unit too, although the volume knob we have is better than +/- buttons.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wheels are much better than what's offered here. I see Honda was kind enough to provide some physical buttons for the head unit too, although the volume knob we have is better than +/- buttons.
In some ways I like the different 18" wheels, but they just don't look as unique as the ones on the USDM EX, EX-L, and Touring. As for the head unit, it looks like it was made by a completely different company then the 7" head unit. I forsee Honda adding an 8" screen to the 2019 refreshed CR-V.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I posted the other day asking whether or not those led fogs would fit on the usdm spec model. In my situation having the base model it's the only feature that I really want from the higher trims.

Waiting to see if someone confirms they fit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW!!!Nanoe Technology (ion generator?), (more) Advance Touchscreen, 7-seater!
I'd rather not have the 3rd row seats. They look pretty small (small children only?) and take up to much into the rear cargo space. The shelf needed to make the flat floor all the way through is pretty high up. I'm guessing with the 3rd row seats that the cargo space goes down to 25-30 cubic feet with the second row up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got this video as a recommendation from YouTube, possibly because I've probably watched the vast majority of 2017 CR-V review videos on their :D.

From what I can tell, it looks to be some sort of production studio's video project using stock Honda footage of a CR-V from overseas. There are some subtle and not so subtle differences on that 2017 CR-V compared to the USA and Canadian models. Items like the different 9" infotainment screen, 3rd row seats and rear A/C unit in the roof are some to point out. Two of the items I'd like off of that one are the LED fog lights and wood trim around the center console :).
Love those fogs. They are great on my 2016 accord. I'm thinking we'll get lots of LED fog light options like this from the aftermarket after the vehicle has been in production for a while. The CRV is hugely popular so just look at the Fog lighting options for the previous gen. Some pretty cool and crazy switchbacks, fogs, LED lighting and DRLs out there for the 4G so its only a matter of time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd rather not have the 3rd row seats. They look pretty small (small children only?) and take up to much into the rear cargo space. The shelf needed to make the flat floor all the way through is pretty high up. I'm guessing with the 3rd row seats that the cargo space goes down to 25-30 cubic feet with the second row up.
Third row is good to have for occasional use, but...

Before buying my CRV, I was studying different options for several months, for a while Nissan Rogue was at the top of my list due to it's 3rd row. But I found out that 3rd row occupies the space for Spare Tire, so the only option for that car was using run-flat tires.
Run-flat tires have shorter life time, are more expensive, are not easy to find any where, and have the risk of getting really flat, and w/o having spare, it'd be a disaster!
I'm eagerly waiting to see if for next years, Honda adds 3rd row to CRV (or the ones overseas), it would keep the spare tire or not? If not, personally I wouldn't go for it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's good to have 3rd row for occasional use, but..

Before buying my CRV I was studying different options for several months and for a while Nissan Rogue was at the top of my list due to it's 3rd row. But later I found out that 3rd row seats occupy the space for Spare Tire, so the only option is to go with run-flat tires.
Run-flat tires are more expensive, have shorter lifetime, not easy to find them any where and above all still have the risk of getting real flat and w/o spare it's a disaster.

I'm eagerly waiting to see that if Honda adds 3rd row to CRV in future models (or the ones overseas), it would be with or w/o spare tire??

·
Registered
16 Posts
The led fogs should've came with the touring to match the headlights. I ended up ordering them on ebay, also the other 18" wheels look good as well. I'm going to change the stock ninja star/transformer/fidget spinner wheels for some other ones soon:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Can you share the link of the fogs you ordered?

The led fogs should've came with the touring to match the headlights. I ended up ordering them on ebay, also the other 18" wheels look good as well. I'm going to change the stock ninja star/transformer/fidget spinner wheels for some other ones soon

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you share the link of the fogs you ordered?
I think he was referring to this one on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-2017-Honda-CR-V-G5-LED-Fog-Lights-Set-Pair-Auto-New-08V31-CRV-OEM-Diesel-/322467546221?fits=Year%3A2017%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3ACR-V&hash=item4b1490446d:g:p9IAAOSwCU1Y3Fpx&vxp=mtr

My question is, which one of the CR-V LED fog light sets is for sale in this listing? There are the ones pictured with the chrome trim on the lower part of the housing (like the fog light chrome trim we get in the US/Canada) or the other version with the chrome surrounding the LEDs. The latter of which is shown in photo 5 of that Ebay listing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
From the pics of the parts, looks like the non-chrome trimmed one. That one looks like it should just swap out, but the other one is anyone's guess. Mine's still in transit, june 19th.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Please do keep us posted once you install it. Thanks in advance.

From the pics of the parts, looks like the non-chrome trimmed one. That one looks like it should just swap out, but the other one is anyone's guess. Mine's still in transit, june 19th.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts