Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought me a used 08 ex-l with 91,000 miles. This truck is much nicer than the 97 CRV that I traded in, with 330,006 miles on it.

I really want to take better care of the interior than I did on previous CRV. I am going to get the laser cut Weather Tech floor mats. I have noticed some spots on the carpet and leather and was hoping you guys could tell me what products work best for this. I used some McGuire's leather cleaner/conditioner and it did not do much. I also tried some of the Zepp wipes on the carpet and it did little to help also. In fact, I have never bought any cleaner that has ever worked on anything.

Any Help Will Be Appreciated!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
The WeatherTechs are a smart move. If all fails, you could pay to have it professionally cleaned and hope they meet your expectations.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I bought a bottle of Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner concentrate. Mix according to directions enough to fill a handheld spray bottle. Spray this on your soiled carpet and upholstery, immediately use a fairly stiff brush and brush the area, then blot dry with a terry towel or such. Let dry and then vacuum. The spray solution will not smell good at first but that goes away soon and your carpet/upholstery will look bright and new again. On leather I recommend Meguair's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, just follow the directions for good results. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Resolve Carpet Cleaner may work just as well as the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner. Give it a test and let us know your results. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The best option is that you should get it clean with some detergent once in a week. Thereafter you should simply clear the dust on daily basis. This will certainly maintain the interior of your vehicle and this will save your money also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am trying to clean the display screen and the odometer screen on my 2013 CRV. It has a smudgy film on it? Any suggestions on how to remove it so it is clear and shiny?

·
Banned
806 Posts
I am trying to clean the display screen and the odometer screen on my 2013 CRV. It has a smudgy film on it? Any suggestions on how to remove it so it is clear and shiny?
Trying to think of something that is readily available to you. Don't use Windex or anything else with ammonia. I would try using eye glass cleaner sprayed into a microfiber towel. Don't spray your screen directly. You may have to do it a couple of times to get your desired results. I have other products that I use, that I have acquired throughout the years. Let us know how it works.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I use Resolve, etc. with good results. As jimbob15 says use a stiff brush and give the carpeting a good cleaning. Topical stuff is just a waste of time.
You may not get great results because of how the carpeting was treated during its' life...
You may want to take a stiff brush to the carpeting before shampooing it to loosen up the fibers and dirt, etc. that is embedded in the carpet and vacuum thoroughly before shampooing.

I too use a glasses lens cleaner and a good micro fiber cloth for my display screens.

I use the top brands of treatment/cleaning materials for the dash, trim, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts