Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me diagnose an issue please.

For sometime the Drivers side interior light hasn't worked when I open the doors or turn off the alarm, but does work when I push the light to switch it on and off. Passenger side operated as expected. Therefore, I lived with this.

However, this has now changed. Neither light now works when you open the doors or turn off the alarm. The drivers side still works by manually turning it off or on, but the passenger side flickers when turning on, and most of the time will not work.

Anyone had this before, any idea what parts to replace? I've read it could be the door switches, but it doesn't seem like these are at fault.

Thank you in advance

Rob.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does your headlights on/driver's door open buzzer work?

If not, it probably is the switch on the door. A common problem is for them to get unseated & disconnected by a loose seatbelt slamming against the switch when the door is shut.

I just fixed this problem on mine yesterday, with the help of this youtube video - took me 5 minutes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHUQx7dhcrE

Worth a look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alan, I've just tested that now. Headlights on, drivers door opened buzzer sounds. Therefore, this must be related to something in the lights perhaps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts