Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was considering replacing the incandescent interior lights of my 2019 CRV (Map lights, Center roof and trunk lights) with white LED's .

Could you please help me with the type of bulbs required for each of these lights (T10 etc) , as i could not find it in the manual. Thanks !

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring | Modern Steel Metallic | Black Leather
49 Posts
I changed mine using Sylvania ZEVO bulbs.... I've used them for years in previous cars and have been really happy with the brightness, pure white color, and longevity. I have not had a single one fail on me yet. They even come with a lifetime replacement warranty if they do fail.

Below is a list of the lights needed to convert all to LEDs and where they are available for purchase on Amazon:

- Vanity Mirror Lights: Sylvania ZEVO 6612F Purchase On Amazon

- Reverse Lights: Sylvania ZEVO 921 Purchase On Amazon

- Interior Map,Dome and Cargo Area Lights: Sylvania ZEVO 168 Purchase On Amazon

·
Registered
42 Posts
One thing I was surprised to see is that Honda doesn't use reflectors much, if at all. When I opened my cargo lights I found the bulb wastes half its light backwards into an open cavity. An omnidirectional LED will waste most of its output there as well. Look at each instance where you replace a lamp, and decide: Directional or Omnidirectional? Amazon has a lot to choose from, and if you tailor the light type to each fixture, you should be very happy with the results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed mine using Sylvania ZEVO bulbs.... I've used them for years in previous cars and have been really happy with the brightness, pure white color, and longevity. I have not had a single one fail on me yet. They even come with a lifetime replacement warranty if they do fail.

Below is a list of the lights needed to convert all to LEDs and where they are available for purchase on Amazon:

Thank you this was very helpful 👍

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,560 Posts

Good to know, thanks!

Reactions: johudso7

·
Registered
23 Posts

These are the ones I used for all the interior lights on a 2020 CRV Hybrid. Need 5 total so you will have some spares. Two in front, 1 center and 2 in the rear hatch area.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went to change mine and discovered there are no door courtesy lights in our 2020 EXL??? What a rip off! lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went to change mine and discovered there are no door courtesy lights in our 2020 EXL??? What a rip off! lol
None on Touring either. Bummer....

·
Registered
81 Posts
One thing you may want to pay attention to regardless of brand you buy, is where the LED bulb's light color falls on the Kelvin Scale. Most manufacturers report that data for their bulbs. It boils down to personal preference. Warm White (think common "soft white" home light bulbs) is on the lower range, around 2700K on the scale. I suspect most of the oem halogen bulbs with their yellow-ish light may be close to that. The other end of the scale is known as Daylight, the whitest level around 6700K on the scale. The first time I switched out oem bulbs in my car for LED bulbs I unknowingly installed Daylight bulbs and found the light too harsh and blue-ish for my taste. I ended up throwing them out and buying Cool White (sometimes called "natural light) bulbs that fell in the middle of the Kelvin Scale, around 4000K ... simply because I found that light to be more normal and less irritating to my eyes especially at night or when reading something. But that's just me. Like I said it is personal preference. Lastly, the Lumen rating of the bulb indicates how bright the light is, not the Kelvin scale.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
One thing you may want to pay attention to regardless of brand you buy, is where the LED bulb's light color falls on the Kelvin Scale. Most manufacturers report that data for their bulbs. It boils down to personal preference. Warm White (think common "soft white" home light bulbs) is on the lower range, around 2700K on the scale. I suspect most of the oem halogen bulbs with their yellow-ish light may be close to that. The other end of the scale is known as Daylight, the whitest level around 6700K on the scale. The first time I switched out oem bulbs in my car for LED bulbs I unknowingly installed Daylight bulbs and found the light too harsh and blue-ish for my taste. I ended up throwing them out and buying Cool White (sometimes called "natural light) bulbs that fell in the middle of the Kelvin Scale, around 4000K ... simply because I found that light to be more normal and less irritating to my eyes especially at night or when reading something. But that's just me. Like I said it is personal preference. Lastly, the Lumen rating of the bulb indicates how bright the light is, not the Kelvin scale.
Great information, and I agree with your findings...I have not changed any automotive interior bulbs, but have found the same issues with residential use LED bulbs. Thank you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks, I often wonder (but honestly do not know for sure) when approached at night by one of those oncoming cars with those insanely bright LED headlights if the owner installed a Daylight bulb (irritating light color to my eyes), but with probably no more road illumination for the poor driver behind the wheel than the factory installed headlights. I think one needs to be even more careful and informed when/ if they change out a vehicles headlights as they do when upgrading interior lights so that they realize the true safety and illumination benefits of an upgrade.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
None on Touring either. Bummer....
curious - is there no light cover and perhaps a plastic cover and they chose not to install... I had a Civic Hatchback where i added rear speakers after i removed the plastic cover and found the wiring i just had to connect to.

·
Registered
49 Posts
curious - is there no light cover and perhaps a plastic cover and they chose not to install... I had a Civic Hatchback where i added rear speakers after i removed the plastic cover and found the wiring i just had to connect to.
To my knowledge, it's not an option at all. No cut out for it, no cover.... nothing. It's just a solid piece of black plastic that makes up the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello,

I was considering replacing the incandescent interior lights of my 2019 CRV (Map lights, Center roof and trunk lights) with white LED's .

Could you please help me with the type of bulbs required for each of these lights (T10 etc) , as i could not find it in the manual. Thanks !
I am not sure where are located, but the first week I purchased my 2018 CR-V, I went to an auto lighting store called DDM Tuning (SoCal). I had to take one bulb of each into the store and they sold me LED replacements. Installing them was easy. I also replaced the reverse lights with LEDs. Not sure why a Honda did the exterior all LED except the reverse lights. Good luck in your search.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts