Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello,

I was considering replacing the incandescent interior lights of my 2019 CRV (Map lights, Center roof and trunk lights) with white LED's .

Could you please help me with the type of bulbs required for each of these lights (T10 etc) , as i could not find it in the manual. Thanks !
Additionally, the cost of the LED bulbs from DDM Tuning was reasonably cheap. 11 bulbs for $68.48..... tax included. 9 interior and 2 reverse light bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,062 Posts
I actually prefer the higher 6500k lights, enough that I use them in the house, for the kitchen, bathroom (shaving), and the reading light on the nightstand, as well as on my leatherworking bench, and the workbenches in the shop. The lower frequency lights just appear dimmer to my old eyes, even when they are the same brightness. And the 6500k ones do not look blue to me at all, but just a clean, bright white. Consequently they are ccfl, as leds are to hard to find and more expensive. SO I will use them in the car too, especially in the interior.

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
I am aware what CFLs are, but ccfl? Is that curly cue florescent lights?

How do you use them in your car?

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,062 Posts
I am aware what CFLs are, but ccfl? Is that curly cue florescent lights?

How do you use them in your car?
Yes! :) No, actually, it's just the long-standing standard abbreviation for flourescent lights. CFL is not standard terminology, though you may see it used in places.

·
Registered
2019 CRV EXL
58 Posts
I did the bulb upgrade today. I ordered a pack of bulbs mentioned earlier in this thread and they arrived today. Easy to replace. I did all 5 bulbs in my CRV and used three of the extra bulbs to replace the interior lights in my Accord. I'm going to order another pack of bulbs to have on hand. Here's some pics of the CR-V.

'

·
Registered
'99 C-RV EX
17 Posts
A little side track here, but does anyone know why Honda would put all LED lights on the exterior, except the reverse lights (at least on the '18, I assume others are like that)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I changed mine using Sylvania ZEVO bulbs.... I've used them for years in previous cars and have been really happy with the brightness, pure white color, and longevity. I have not had a single one fail on me yet. They even come with a lifetime replacement warranty if they do fail.

Below is a list of the lights needed to convert all to LEDs and where they are available for purchase on Amazon:

- Vanity Mirror Lights: Sylvania ZEVO 6612F Purchase On Amazon

- Reverse Lights: Sylvania ZEVO 921 Purchase On Amazon

- Interior Map,Dome and Cargo Area Lights: Sylvania ZEVO 168 Purchase On Amazon
I just bought a 2020 CR-V Hybrid and are you sure the Map, Dome, and Cargo lights are all the same? Some listings have them different even though the listings aren't consistent.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring | Modern Steel Metallic | Black Leather
64 Posts
I just bought a 2020 CR-V Hybrid and are you sure the Map, Dome, and Cargo lights are all the same? Some listings have them different even though the listings aren't consistent.
Yes, the Map/Dome/Cargo lights are all the same. I used the Sylvania Zevo 168 bulb as replacements. The 168 can also be referred to as the 192 and one other number that isn't coming to mind right now. It's confusing, but they are the same bulb for those lights.

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
I don't have any interest in changing bulbs, but just a thought...Does your Hybrid has a Panoramic moon roof? If so, the whole upper console might be different than a NON Hybrid.
Just worth mentioning.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A little side track here, but does anyone know why Honda would put all LED lights on the exterior, except the reverse lights (at least on the '18, I assume others are like that)?
That is a really good question! I thought the same thing! I feel like for the small price of LED reverse lights, and the literally 5-7 minutes it took to install them, it really cleans up the back end when in reverse.... Looks really sharp!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, the Map/Dome/Cargo lights are all the same. I used the Sylvania Zevo 168 bulb as replacements. The 168 can also be referred to as the 192 and one other number that isn't coming to mind right now. It's confusing, but they are the same bulb for those lights.
Okay, that makes me feel better. I had seen a number of 175 floating around somewhere else, but I'll take your word for it. I can't find any instructions on how to remove the plastic on the non-vanity lights. Do I just work a spudger around the outside of plastic?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Okay, that makes me feel better. I had seen a number of 175 floating around somewhere else, but I'll take your word for it. I can't find any instructions on how to remove the plastic on the non-vanity lights. Do I just work a spudger around the outside of plastic?
They make interior trim removal tools. Few bucks on Amazon, highly recommend picking up a narrow thin one and a wide thin one. You could use a flat head screwdriver, but I wouldn't recommend it. Too risky. Don't want to crack or scratch a panel or a lens to a light. Pay the money for the tool, do it right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They make interior trim removal tools. Few bucks on Amazon, highly recommend picking up a narrow thin one and a wide thin one. You could use a flat head screwdriver, but I wouldn't recommend it. Too risky. Don't want to crack or scratch a panel or a lens to a light. Pay the money for the tool, do it right.
So the reverse lights aren’t LED even though the rest of the exterior lights are?

And I’ve got the tools for the job, I think. I have some plastic tools I use for laptop and cell phone repair and are sized perfect.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
362 Posts
This vid may help. The backup lights are accessed from the back side of the rear lift gate, a panel behind each backup light on Gen 5 CRV.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So the reverse lights aren’t LED even though the rest of the exterior lights are?

And I’ve got the tools for the job, I think. I have some plastic tools I use for laptop and cell phone repair and are sized perfect.
Correct. From the factory they are incandescent. I changed them to LED on my 2019 Insight Touring when I had it, on my CR-V Hybrid, and Accord Hybrid. Super easy and looks real slick!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Being a hunter/fisher and getting dressed/gear loaded, etc well before sunup, I prefer the brightest and most l light "giving" and for me, nothing less than 6k. I want to be able to see everything in my bag and less chances of not seeing something important when its dark outside.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts