Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, very Merry Christmas (in advance!) too all!

Is there a guide/YT video which shows how to change out the stock interior map lights and passenger roof lights?

I've changed the sunvisor/mirror lights to some neat white-bright LED bulbs, but now the map lights look quite yellowy in contrast.

Any tips/tricks/steps to change the bulbs would be graciously appreciated in advance as always :)

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but rather needed the "how to" element to change the bulbs.

Good link nonetheless which describes all bulbs/LEDs in the car.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
362 Posts
This should help you.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring
49 Posts
About the LEDs- I was not happy with omnidirectional bulbs. The map lights have a light plastic backing behind the bulb, like a kind of reflector, but my cargo lights had nothing, the bulb shines in an empty cavity, most of the light is lost. Look for bulbs where all the emitters are on one side, so all the light shines out of the lens. Once I found those, I was very happy with the results.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This should help you.

Thanks, but that is for the 4th Gen CRV and not the current 5th Gen, so doesnt really apply.

About the LEDs- I was not happy with omnidirectional bulbs. The map lights have a light plastic backing behind the bulb, like a kind of reflector, but my cargo lights had nothing, the bulb shines in an empty cavity, most of the light is lost. Look for bulbs where all the emitters are on one side, so all the light shines out of the lens. Once I found those, I was very happy with the results.
Ah yes, I always check the LED direction before buying bulbs. Nothing worse than paying a nice price for pretty LED lights, only for the direction of the light pattern to be augmented to a different angle!

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
362 Posts
Thanks, but that is for the 4th Gen CRV and not the current 5th Gen, so doesnt really apply.
Worked great for my 2017 EX L 2 years ago. About the only difference is the back up lights which install by removing two panels on the inside of the lift gate. But suite yourself. ?

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any pics of how you changed yours @Wiley_11 ?

Just a bit worried using a pry tool without knowing where the actual clips are, hence why that 4th Gen video you linked (for which I am indeed grateful!) wasnt immediately what I sought because the design of the map lights as you know are smaller on the 5th Gen....(y)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Just as a caution; if you crank up the brightness of the interior bulbs, (except for the trunk), you (or your passengers) can't use them while you are driving at night any more, due to the glare.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, very aware of that. Thankfully, my only co-pilot is my wife and she is too infatuated with her cellphone to care about using the interior lights!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts