Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a '17 Touring at some point, but I despise wood trim in a vehicle ( personal preference ). What other options are available? Anyone know exactly what the optional trim looks like? The weird blue honeycomb design on Honda's site when clicking on the optional trim is...umm... awful.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The thin piece that extends the width of the dash is a black color or very dark color in my 2017 Touring with Grey interior. The wood pieces you see in the pictures are not real wood but look fine from my perspective. YMMV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should rephrase... On the Touring, are you required to have the wood trim, or is there an option for something like silver or black to replace said wood trim?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I guess I should rephrase... On the Touring, are you required to have the wood trim, or is there an option for something like silver or black to replace said wood trim?
The only interior trim option is that horrid blue geometric pattern trim. There are other options if the fake wood offends you so much: 1) Buy the silver trim from the LX model and swap it out. 2) Remove the wood trim and wrap it with vinyl in whatever color and pattern you like, or have it painted.

81311098495afaa23b529469405.jpg
LX Interior Trim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Between the wheels and the wood trim, the Touring is actually worse looking than the lower models. I like the dual exhaust, the LED's and the chrome trim though. I may wait until the 2018 and see if the options change. Appreciate everyone's input.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What's wrong with wood? I think it gives the new CR-V an upscale look. The new Acura MDX features a wood interior which the upper class want in vehicles these days. Car magazines have stated most manufacturers don't do wood interiors well, but Honda's wood finish looks real (at least).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's wrong with wood? I think it gives the new CR-V an upscale look. The new Acura MDX features a wood interior which the upper class want in vehicles these days. Car magazines have stated most manufacturers don't do wood interiors well, but Honda's wood finish looks real (at least).
It's simply a personal preference. I'd prefer brushed metal or carbon fiber looking trim, even something like piano black is fine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
A lot of owners are getting the wood trim wrapped with vinyl that look like stainless steel, brushed aluminum, etc. it's relatively cheap.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Between the wheels and the wood trim, the Touring is actually worse looking than the lower models. I like the dual exhaust, the LED's and the chrome trim though. I may wait until the 2018 and see if the options change. Appreciate everyone's input.
Honda already announced no changes for 2018 CR-V in the US.

·
Registered
600 Posts
That probably looks good but might be annoying from extra sunlight reflections.
https://www.customautotrim.com/vinyl-wrap/

The options are virtually limitless, 3M is one of many companies that make auto vinyl wrap. You can get glossy, matte, satin, brushed, etc etc finishes.

I'm not a big fan of the fake wood either, I am probably going to wrap mine with a match to my illuminated door sill metal finish.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was in a focus group last summer when I drove the '17 crv at work, and I complained about the wood trim. I guess they were not down with my opinion. Sorry guys, I tried my best. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was in a focus group last summer when I drove the '17 crv at work, and I complained about the wood trim. I guess they were not down with my opinion. Sorry guys, I tried my best. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My wife dislikes the fake wood too but that was the only option on the Touring. The flossy finish on the steering wheel is a distraction when the sun shines on it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts