Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 EX-L w/just over 1500 (15 hundred, not thousand) miles. 99.9% of the time I drive in town and with the radio on. Tonight, coming home from a Christmas dinner (an hour away), I turned the tunes off. Every once in a while, I'd hear a fairly quiet beep. I tried turning various things off (cruise control, LKAS, auto headlights, etc) to see if it had anything to do w/those systems. Nothing changed. The beep wasn't steady nor did it seem to have anything to do with the way I was driving. The ONLY thing I did differently today was to drive @ highway speeds. Since I normally have the radio on, it may have been doing this since I leased the car.

A few other things that probably aren't related yet have happened before. First, my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10+) wouldn't connect to the car via wifi. I didn't have a cable with me so I don't know if it would have connected that way. I'm on Android 10 but I had the same issues running Android 9. Second, when I started the car after spending most of the day sitting (after an hour of driving this morning), the car showed I was calling myself. My phone didn't show any calls. I hit the Hang Up button on the infotainment screen and the "call" went away. I tried rebooting the system (soft boot) and tried deleting and reconnecting my phone then restarting the car. Same thing. I would chalk this up to a crappy car/system but the last time it started doing this, my car ended up out of service due to computer issues. Finally, the HondaLink app on my phone shows 747 miles (the odometer shows 1550 or so) and that I'm @ 80% on the oil change (the car shows 60%). Not sure if this is related to the phone issues, if the HondaLink app is junk or if this is a precursor to the same electronic issues I had a month or so ago that sent it to the shop.

The last time it was in the shop, they said they had to update the computer but didn't find anything wrong. It set off a couple computer codes (not engine related) and they thought that cascaded into EVERYTHING computer related going beserk. (Literally, EVERY warning possible went off and the car ran in limp mode.)

You guys (and gals) have any thoughts on this? I have 2.5 years left on my lease but I'm 1/2 tempted to email Mother Honda and ask to get out of my lease and buy a Subaru. :)

Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
Hondalink app doesnt automatically update sometimes you need to give the hu internet or press the icon to sync the data.

Registered
The beeping noise could be from the adaptive cruise control. There is a setting to beep when it detects and slows down because of another vehicle. It will beep again when the road ahead is clear and the vehicle can resume cruising speed.

I think there is a similar setting for the lane keeping assist.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car does not connect with your phone via WiFi ever. It's USB for some things and Bluetooth for others.
I meant BT but thanks. :)

The beeping noise could be from the adaptive cruise control. There is a setting to beep when it detects and slows down because of another vehicle. It will beep again when the road ahead is clear and the vehicle can resume cruising speed.

I think there is a similar setting for the lane keeping assist.
LKAS, maybe. Adaptive cruise control, no. The 1st 1/2 of the trip the cruise was off. It was on the 2nd 1/2. Is the LKAS the 1 you have to turn on using the button on the wheel? If so, that was only on the 2nd 1/2 of the trip, too. I'll double check the settings to make sure all of the beeps are turned off (I don't want to hear anything) and take it back up the road this weekend.

Registered
The only beep I have ever heard while driving is..

Single beep when lkas aquires or loses lane tracking

Multiple beeps if you're about to hit something in front of you

Multiple beeps if the screen brightness goes haywire

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts