Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, our CR-V has the dreaded intermittent "Check Fuel Cap" error. No CEL ever comes on. I threw a new OEM fuel cap on. No luck. Still comes and goes.

Took it to the dealer as I am also having a HVAC noise (discussed in a different thread) and they said the purge valve has a slow leak and needs replaced. Wanted $3xx.

I am trying to identify where this purge valve they mention is:

I found one stating its in the engine bay somewhere by the firewall (this vid -
)
I found another showing the evap purge valve which is underneath by evap canister and gas tank (this vid -
)

Any advice appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Common problem. The part looks like this, and is maybe 15-20 minutes to replace.

Screenshot_20190806-174239-01.jpeg
Should cost under $50. It's located alongside the intake near the EGR valve. Couldn't find a YouTube video showing its location. That first video above is horrible.

Guessing you have a third generation CR-V?

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
448 Posts
here it is, the second video is the vent solenoid,or sometimes called canister vent valve,not purge in video, the first video is correct,the best way to relieve the fuel pressure is pull the fuel pump fuse with the engine running,if you have to take the fuel line off and not spray gas everywhere

Attachments

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Yep, you're right--that's the correct name for the valve. ??

I've done two of these. There is no need to disconnect the fuel line. It does make access a little easier, but the valve can be removed either way. I did remove the air cleaner box though. That makes a big difference.

Getting out the fuel pump fuse is too difficult (especially like me, when my eyesight is bad and fingers don't work like they did 30 years ago ?). I simply accessed the fuel pump connector underneath the rear seat and unplugged it. The carpet is held in place with Velcro and there were maybe three 8mm or 10mm bolts holding the cover on. I ended up not removing the fuel line but at least I was ready in case I needed to.

Reactions: Dave J

·
Registered
5 Posts
Common problem. The part looks like this, and is maybe 15-20 minutes to replace.

View attachment 135100 View attachment 135100 Should cost under $50. It's located alongside the intake near the EGR valve. Couldn't find a YouTube video showing its location. That first video above is horrible.

I've got the valve, but there are no pictures I can find anywhere for an 08 CRV valve location. Can you help? Thanks!

Guessing you have a third generation CR-V?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts