Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been scouring the threads for days looking for a solution to my new found vibration problem. I purchased a 2004 CR-V EX a month ago. It drove like butter for a few weeks, and then my steering wheel started to vibrate at various speeds and times. It got so bad the other day that it felt like my front left wheel was about to fall off, and the steering wheel was hard to hold onto. The vibration does not stop when I release the gas pedal, nor when I brake, and I haven't notices it while turning. Also, it does not happen while idling. I would say it happens between the 25-60 mph range. It has no rhyme or reason and comes and goes without any noticeable criteria. Some people that have had a similar issue in these threads have said they found it to be that their CV axle was replaced with a non-OEM part, and the vibration went away with OEM replacement. However, there is no indication in all of the service records available that the CV axle was ever replaced. A few other people said that they found relief from the issue by flushing the transmission, replacing with new, and changing the differential fluids. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. I was super excited to get this diamond in the ruff, and I am not feeling very hopeful. Thanks in advance! Lisa.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
None of what people here have said is anything like your problem. Steering wheel shaking that bad is not caused by a worn CV axle or anything you listed.

That is the tire, a wheel bearing, failing front suspension part or brake failure. Or simply a wheel coming loose due to improper

When it's that bar coming to the internet for answers is a very bad idea, should have already been taken to a shop when it first started.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None of what people here have said is anything like your problem. Steering wheel shaking that bad is not caused by a worn CV axle or anything you listed.

That is the tire, a wheel bearing, failing front suspension part or brake failure. Or simply a wheel coming loose due to improper

When it's that bar coming to the internet for answers is a very bad idea, should have already been taken to a shop when it first started.

Thank you for your non-helpful response. I studied these threads for two days, and actually quite a lot of people are experiencing the same issue; hence my post. For your information, since you obviously assumed, I already have taken it to a mechanic who, like many others’ mechanics on these threads could not get the problem to replicate. Again, thank you for being no help whatsoever!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Was anything done before this happened? Are the threads of the front wheels good? How about the tire pressures in the front tires ? What brand of tires do you have?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Thank you for your non-helpful response. I studied these threads for two days, and actually quite a lot of people are experiencing the same issue; hence my post. For your information, since you obviously assumed, I already have taken it to a mechanic who, like many others’ mechanics on these threads could not get the problem to replicate. Again, thank you for being no help whatsoever!
I wasn't trying to be mean man. A shaking that bad is dangerous (I'm a life long mechanic myself) and you say you took it to one and they had no idea, so not so sure you got a decent mechanic that looked at it.

I listed the causes except for 1 I failed to mention. THE POWER STEERING RACK. I apologize I forgot that one because that's an important one next to the brakes (caliper or slides failing). And it can be very intermittent but quite concerning when it does happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts