Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has solved the mystery?
The dealership is scratching their heads and even the Honda hq know what the problem is! There is another car the exact same age and model in the dealerships garage now wich they have changed the filter and cleaned the entire fuelsystem on, and the warning still pops back?
Sounds like it’s a recall on cars soon

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why is diesel contaminated by the fueling station a recall issue? Diesel fuel is more sensative to water contamination to the point that most (all?) diesel engines have a fuel filter valve to purge water from the fuel line for this very reason. I'm not familiar with this version, but have you checked under the hood or the owners manual. It should be clearly marked on the fuel filter housing if equipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was no water in the filter and even after they have tried to fix it, it still comes on.
I think the problem goes deeper than contaminated diesel.
im Thinking, faulty sensors or bad filters. I personally think that if it had been the diesel alot more cars would have the same issue and they dont.
Always fill up at premium stations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! same problem here... Warning message appears inconsistently. Dealer's telling me the car was flooded but actually it wasn't. Thus cannot claim warranty. Water was supposedly drained already and fuel line cleaned and primed with fuel. Maybe sensor simply improperly installed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello my local garage changed a sensor, cost me £110 plus vat for sensor from dealers. £45 to fit it. Problem has gone away. Not sure what sensor it was. Connected seperatly to fuel filer. Anyway resolved the issue thankfully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts