Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just picked up a 2003 CR-V EX > 5 Speed Manual w/ 115k on it. Can't tell you how excited I am. Previous cars have been all Volvo 240s of various years. Definitely the most I've dropped on a car, but I feel like I walked with a really fair deal at 6k. I'll try to post some pics when I get a chance.

But yeah as much as I HATE car shopping - I'm happy having walked away with something better than I was hoping to find in terms of trim and mileage.

I'm sure I'll be posting a million questions over the next month or so.

Also if I'm feeling really nerdy some night - I might take on the task of making an all encompassing master post regarding 2nd Gen A/C compressors/problems.

See you around the forums,
gh0st

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Nothing like feeling you have gotten a great deal on a vehicle you wanted and knowing it will be a great car to drive. Congratulations on your new baby!

Post some pictures when you can inside and out.

·
Registered
555 Posts
What nice upholstery and the interior looks pristine and very clean. And so does the exterior. Whoever the previous owner was it appears they loved your CRV and took very good care it. I truly believe the care of the interior/exterior is a reflection of the care of the car itself including the way it was driven.

Handsome looking CRV. I see why you are so thrilled with your new purchase. It sounds like you got a very good deal and lucked out.

I have a 2007 that I bought used last November and I just love my "new" car. It has been a whole new experience in driving.

I know you will enjoy your new love!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

It's also my first Manual transmission. So spent the better part of a week not leaving a very close radius of my home. Just now starting to get it out around town. Absolutely LOVING the manual experience so far. Other than the odd hill stall - which is due to still learning the sweet spot on the clutch and the proper gas level.

Yeah, when I test drove the car - all the radio presets were set to NPR (yeah... ALL of them) - then the manual had any important details highlighted with a yellow highlighter. The couple that had it definitely cared for the car. Hope I can learn to do the same!

Actually the CR-V pictured behind mine is the new one they bought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts