Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined your forum and from Galway Ireland.just bought a 2016 1.5idtec awd EX UK spec after multiple Honda accords . Impressed so far but have an issue with condensation in the headlights .seems to be an issue with this models headlights..out of warranty 1month ..

Attachments

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I can't help with the issue but I have seen posts on it so a little searching should produce some info for you. Let us know how it goes, and otherwise, enjoy!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,794 Posts
WELCOME! :Group:

I've had that condensation on parking lights (sidelights) on other cars.

I'd first inquire to the main dealer to see if they would replace under Goodwill.

If not:

Remove the headlamp (you probably need to remove the bumper cover first). :Darn: Seal the edges of the clear plastic with a flowable clear windshield sealer.

Product Brown Material property

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. Was on to Honda UK and next step is per what you mentioned above. The lights are to be inspected by a local Honda garage. After that back to honda UK and hoping they will do something .I will get it sorted either way but would be great if they offered it as a goodwill gesture.. they might .may purchase some of the above also ..although I hate the thought of removing the bumper. Thanks again . Great site...

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,794 Posts
Bumper removal is easy.

Headlight thieves here can do it in about 5 minutes! :Darn:

Some of the dealer sites (EG, CollegeHillsHonda.com) might have fog lamp installation instructions or videos that show how to remove the bumper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update. Few weeks in no more condensation at all now. Perhaps car sitting in lot over cooler months ..not a sign of it now .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts