Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm a fairly new owner of a 2018 CR-V (purchased it about 10 months ago). I'm hoping to provide and seek insights about owning a CR-V. My first "insight" is more of a question. I had noticed over the last few weeks that when I would go over a bumpy, I would hear some vibration near the right side of my windshield (sounded like the seal may not be complete), although I could never verify the exact location (and it may not be related to the current issue). Then, today when driving into work with a light snow falling, I put my windshield defroster on (I think it was the first time this fall/winter). After about a half hour, I noticed that I had a new crack coming up from the bottom of the windshield. Nothing had hit my windshield except light snow. And because of the snow, we had not been traveling over 20 MPH. The dealership service department (who I called shortly afterward) said that they are 90% sure that the warranty will not cover this. Is anyone else having problem with the windshield cracking on their CR-V without apparent cause? Any idea what caused this crack? If it is based on defective installation or design, should it not be covered by the warranty? HELP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I have a 2017 Honda CR~V with a new crack in the windshield on the passenger side that started spontaneously. No chip or other damage noted. it is along the bottom seal on the passenger side. I am going to ask the dealer if it is under warranty as there is no damage.

·
Registered
2007 EX-L Front Wheel Drive with Navigation.
638 Posts
How very strange about the windshield. If you move this question over to Problems and Issues you will get more replies and hopefully some resolution. That should not be happening. Honda must know something about these windshields cracking on their own like that.

And good luck!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
If you do a little searching you will find multiple threads on here about this. There have been enough reports of it to call it a fairly common occurrence. Apparently they are making the windshields thinner now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.