Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin/products_ip/browser.cgi?prevtype=Automobiles+and+light+trucks&prevyear=2015&prevmake=HONDA&prevmodel=CR-V&prevsubmodel=&prevseries=&type=Automobiles+and+light+trucks&year=2015&make=HONDA&model=CR-V&submodel=TOURING

Has anyone done one of these before? How time consuming/difficult was it?

I really want to do this because there are a lot of dump trucks in my area filled with rocks. I've had my Accord windshield hit twice with rocks leaving two small rock chips. I want to protect the front end of my brand new 2015 CRV.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'm about halfway done with the Invisible Mask kit that i bought using the link above. I've done the full hood (FYI, hood piece only covers approximately the bottom half of the hood), driver's side fender, two driver's side door cups and door edges, and both side mirrors (i'm not sure if the mirror pieces are correctly cut because they only provide about three-fifth's coverage and they don't seem like they were cut for mirrors with built-in turn signal flasher). Took me about 2.5 hrs just for those pieces. I will be honest and say that the hood piece was the most frustrating. Just took multiple attempts to try and get it just right.

I will finish the passenger side fender and passenger side door cups and edges tomorrow. It will probably take me about 45 minutes.

I will likely buy the bumper kit as well. I just wanted to see if i could get this kit completed and looking good before i spent money on more pieces.

P.S. - I decided to do this myself because a couple local places came back with quotes for $1,500+ to do the entire front end. If i do it myself i get more coverage for just around $300 by buying it from Invisible Mask.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
**If anyone wants a 10% off code for Invisible Mask just PM me**

I just purchased the headlight/running light and bumper sets. For all three sets, which basically protect your entire front end it will end up costing $370 (with 10% discount code).

I also ordered their window tint for my front two windows since my front windows are pretty light tint.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
**If anyone wants a 10% off code for Invisible Mask just PM me**

I just purchased the headlight/running light and bumper sets. For all three sets, which basically protect your entire front end it will end up costing $370 (with 10% discount code).

I also ordered their window tint for my front two windows since my front windows are pretty light tint.
Thanks for the offer! Can you post some pics?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure thing, i'll post pictures once i am done with the last fender and door pieces later today.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm definitely no pro but here are some of the pictures from the completed kit hood/fender/side mirror kit (came with door cup and door edges for free).

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bumper kit was VERY difficult to apply. It comes in one large piece and because the bumper is so curvy and has many sharp edges it didn't lay right so i had to make cuts in certain spots where it bunched up. It is obvious where i did it right below both headlights. The headlight pieces also didn't apply correctly and i had to cut it into two separate pieces at the point where the headlight basically does a 90 degree angle.

After completing all of this, let's just say i will be fine never doing it again. I spent a good 8 hours total doing all the pieces and getting all of the pockets/bubbles out takes a lot of time, patience, and effort.

P.S. - For whatever reason the last picture of the headlight is displayed upside down. The two headlight pictures i try to show where i had to cut the one piece into two pieces.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ziebart is pimping this for $300. While they guarantee it won't wreck your paint the guarantee states they will pay for repainting if necessary upon removal. I've seen good and bad with this as it looks bad when scuffed. But for 8 hours of labor and materials $300 is a relative bargain. I still chose not to do it on black pearled paint.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Ziebart is pimping this for $300. While they guarantee it won't wreck your paint the guarantee states they will pay for repainting if necessary upon removal. I've seen good and bad with this as it looks bad when scuffed. But for 8 hours of labor and materials $300 is a relative bargain. I still chose not to do it on black pearled paint.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!
The only thing you need to worry on these applications that it doesnt yellow or tear over time (if someone bumps you) and for bumper install the easiest way to apply is to remove it and do t on a bench.
We did a buddies a few years ago, inside it was easier to manipulate/line up with brighter light and beers

·
Everything in Moderation
8,171 Posts
Some paint protection film will crack or craze after several years.

Seen it on sports cars that were done 10+ years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts