Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. First post here on the CRV forum. I recently updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 10, and since then, i can no longer get any audio to play from any app. I'm primarily trying to get Spotify to work. I am using the lightning cable connection. The dashboard just reads "No Music". The phone is recognized in which it charges, but nothing is playing.

Has anyone had this same experience since upgrading to iOS 10 or know of a possible fix?

Thanks a lot everyone.

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
I have received numerous recommendations from different sources (work related) not to download ios10. Primarily due to security weaknesses.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ouch...that's too bad.
I have an iPhone 6+ and upgraded to iOS 10 without a problem. I have an aftermarket head unit...Alpine iLX-007 Car Play device in my '12V LX and the pair work better than pre iOS upgrade. I like to listen to audio books via Audible and sometimes when restarting the V with the phone plugged in the audio book would not automatically restart...sometimes I'd have to unplug/replug the iphone usb or generally restart the Car Play app...it wasn't a big deal but annoying.
The latest update may have, accidentally or on purpose???, corrected this minor problem. I've been using it regularly since the update and it has not failed to return to the audio book and resume playing. It also seems to connect to Car Play a bit faster buy that may be just me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use Bluetooth to connect my iPhone running 10. something. No problems, I even use the Waza app with Spotify playing music in the back ground. Is your CRV Bluetooth capable?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Try shutting off the iphone then restarting it.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,632 Posts
There have been reports of Bluetooth not working after an iOS 10 upgrade also. :mad: If what Kai says doesn't fix it, it must be the iOS. Look to Apple for a fix. (I noted that there was another upgrade to iOS 10.0.2 yesterday...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate everyone's response. I just updated my phone to iOS 10.0.2 and will give it a go tonight. I am reading that there were issues in iOS 10 related to their new lightning cable headphones, so maybe it's related in some way. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts