Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an awful time taking my iPad and iPhone with me in our vehicle. Often the iPad is in a bag in the cargo area and my iPhone is in the front seat. Then, always while driving, I learn the iPad was linked and my phone was not. Is there any way to stop this besides turning off Bluetooth on my iPad? The problem is I never remember to do it. But I can't make a phone call or use anything when it links with my iPad! And it takes a little bit before I remember the iPad likely linked. When I fuss with the controls it eventually tells me. At this point, I am usually on the road and fixing it requires I park the car, go to the rear end and get the iPad out to fix it. It's very annoying. Suggestions, please.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,487 Posts
I am having an awful time taking my iPad and iPhone with me in our vehicle. Often the iPad is in a bag in the cargo area and my iPhone is in the front seat. Then, always while driving, I learn the iPad was linked and my phone was not. Is there any way to stop this besides turning off Bluetooth on my iPad? The problem is I never remember to do it. But I can't make a phone call or use anything when it links with my iPad! And it takes a little bit before I remember the iPad likely linked. When I fuss with the controls it eventually tells me. At this point, I am usually on the road and fixing it requires I park the car, go to the rear end and get the iPad out to fix it. It's very annoying. Suggestions, please.
There may be some form of priority in the vehicles choice when multiple devices have been paired to it. I would start by unlinking the ipad from connection choices for the vehicle. I'm sure the owners manual has all this mapped out... though you may find this blog from a Honda dealer helpful and more direct. https://www.meridianhonda.com/blog/how-to-connect-to-honda-bluetooth-with-multiple-phones/

But really... it takes 5 seconds to put your ipad into airplane mode.. which has a number of benefits.. so why not just do that.. and remove all possible future ambiguity?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.