Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My iPhone 6 is suddenly unsupported in my 2013 EX. It will charge but the radio is not acknowledging it when I go thru my source button. No iPod icon. It was working just fine on Friday but when I tried to listen to my music today it wouldn't work at all. I tried powering off the phone as well as the car. Even tried my wife's iPhone 6. Also tried a different cable and nothing worked. Any idea on what might have happened? Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Check the phone to make sure you have some free space on it. I know that was the solution to an issue for some radio/iPhone connection problems, but can't remember if it was the Honda or an aftermarket.

Does Bluetooth work?

Did you update the iOS?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The phone is a 64 gig with 43 gigs available so that can't be an issue. I haven't set up the Bluetooth yet on this phone as I never used it much on my old phone. This one has worked fine for the past year that I have had it up until yesterday. I updated the iOS when the last update came out about 3 wks ago or so. Don't know much about the guts of these head units but I'm wondering if there is any software in there that could need an update from the dealership....missing my music though as our station selection around here sucks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Next thing to do would be pull the radio fuse for at least 5 minutes to "restart" that. Even when the car is off, the radio still gets power, so isn't truly "off".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as odd as it is I went out last night to pair up my phone for the Bluetooth but before I did it I just tried for the heck of it to see if it would recognize my phone. Out of the blue it worked as it should. I went ahead and paired it up and all went smooth. So for some unexplained reason all is good. For now at least. If it acts up again I will try pulling the fuse and see what happens. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth on2013 CRV audio and now all not working

:confused:
Hmmm. I had my Iphone 6 paired with bluetooth and it was working fine until last week. I use it for navigation and suddenly the audio on the bluetooth was very very soft even though radio volume was fine? I unpaired it and tried again, but now it will not connect to my IPhone. It goes through all the steps, then says connection failed, try again. I have reset my phone multiple times, but it still won't work. I cannot even get to the "clear" to start over. Anyone that can help? I also saw a post about accessibility settings and that didn't help either.

·
Registered
212 Posts
By "reset", do you mean turn it off, then back on again? If not, try that.

Also, you might want to disconnect the radio fuse for at least 5 minutes as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts